• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been interested in those star gazelle's. how do you like them, Paul? A little straighter than a teebird, or just less distance?

they were more stable than the glow champion ones. they had a pretty big dome and a lot of glide, for me it flew straight for about 270 then slowly faded right on a rhbh.

What are your thoughts on the Rhyno, in any plastic? Have you thrown them much?

ive never truly been a fan. i dont like the thumb trac of the flight just never been my type of disc. i do know people that love them through its just never been my thing.

Amazing, hopefully one day I can get one at long range. What's your approach to more open holes at that distance, like 480+? I see some people hyzer flip straight at it while I usually try to fade it in.

a hyzer flip is good but if i know i can reach it with something over stable i will because i know i can turn that disc over and even if its to much or not enough it only has one place to finish and thats left (rhbh) compared to a flip up if you put to much its a roller not enough hyzers out ect.

a hyzer flip is good but if i know i can reach it with something over stable i will because i know i can turn that disc over and even if its to much or not enough it only has one place to finish and thats left (rhbh) compared to a flip up if you put to much its a roller not enough hyzers out ect.

when you do this. Do you throw it flat or a little annhyzer outta your hand and force it to s-curve or do you just have enough power to turn them over? I'm talking about like destroyers and other very overstable discs. hope that made sense

Paul, have you ever bagged a 12x teebird? What are the flight differences between those and the flatter 11x's you and a lot of pros seem to use? Does the extra dome of most 12x's make them less stable?

The new 12x's are more stable than the original run 12x's from a couple years back (pre flight numbers). I have a domey 171 and it's pretty stable. But, I'll let McB give his expert advice.

when you do this. Do you throw it flat or a little annhyzer outta your hand and force it to s-curve or do you just have enough power to turn them over? I'm talking about like destroyers and other very overstable discs. hope that made sense

i do it with slight anhyzer to force the S

Paul, have you ever bagged a 12x teebird? What are the flight differences between those and the flatter 11x's you and a lot of pros seem to use? Does the extra dome of most 12x's make them less stable?

i have before they are just a hair straighter nothing to different. pros just prefer the plastic type more then the flight.

Do you love me, Paul? If yes, don't keep me waiting. If no, I blame Brittany.

Oh.. a friend wants to know.. how do star Skeeters fly?

Thanks Honey.

uhhmmm... still waiting, Paul.

dudes got a life. He normally answers questions once or twice a day.... So it's probably not worth it to post things like that.

Back to the questions

Whats your favorite soft drink?

dudes got a life. He normally answers questions once or twice a day.... So it's probably not worth it to post things like that.

LOL, i dont really think Brad is waiting by the keyboard for Paul to respond :p

Of all of the discs you are allowed to throw that aren't traditional Innova (Millennium, Discmania, etc), what would your bag look like if you didn't have any Innova discs?

To help legitimize our sport, I have to ask the question...is your girlfriend real?
Perhaps the photos of the two of you are photo shopped. OR...it is all an elaborate scam to rid you of all your disc golf money!

How do you go about judging distances? Do you walk out distances during practice rounds or do you do it by feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.