• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Sol

Anybody with any idea whether Discraft will make a production Sol in another plastic than Z any time soon? I am holding out for a JB or ESP, but will pick up another Z if that is all there will be.

Not sure about production, but you can probably find some esp AR ones from td's with leftover inventory. I called up mine earlier this year to buy a few...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOL

So who is throwing this disc. I got one a few months ago and really loving it.

I know it flies similar to the Breeze but when I threw the breeze back in the day, i had no control with it. With the sol, i can hyzer flip it to flat or throw it closer to flat and hold a slow turnover line. Even have had success throwing on different forehand lines

I bag a ace race Sol right now. Better grip and dosn't skip like the z Sol does. I love it, it's such a fun disc to throw. I love it for forehand annys when you're pinched off in the woods.

Can someone compare these to the flight of a Mirage? Are they more glidey, long putter or short mid?

Can someone compare these to the flight of a Mirage? Are they more glidey, long putter or short mid?

The Mirage is way more US than a Z SOL. .

If i throw a SOL and a Mirage with a hyzer release at 250ft of power the SOL flips up and then goes straightand lands flat.
The Mirage flips up and starts to turn and lands at a anhyzer angle

Fo me the SOL is a short mid, kind of like a shorter Meteor

Well… They really are a tweener. I suppose I would put them as a faster, glidey putter because they do require more touch than a mid.

This is true. They are sensitive but fun and a tweener best describes its role. It's a good low speed turnover disc. It's easy to hyzerflip and these two qualities make a nice complement to something like a zone. They are sensitive to the wind. I hate flicking any of my deeper (taller?) putters because I like a shallow disc to flick, and the sol is a shallow disc.

The Mirage is way more US than a Z SOL. .

If i throw a SOL and a Mirage with a hyzer release at 250ft of power the SOL flips up and then goes straightand lands flat.
The Mirage flips up and starts to turn and lands at a anhyzer angle

Fo me the SOL is a short mid, kind of like a shorter Meteor

I would also say that the SOL can go farther on the lines you put it on.

I kinda always felt the Sol was a slightly shorter Comet but much less power hungry.

Last couple of weeks my ace race Sol has become my go to turnover disc from anywhere 200'-300'. Thrown on hyzer with good snap it will flip up and turn right and it just keeps going right with out coming back or turning and burning. Very unique flight. Love throwing this on very technical wooded holes that finish right.

I have two First run SOLs. . do the new stock run SOL have the same flight and feel?

Think i heard someone say that the Stock runs are flatter but i might have heard that wrong

So in your area the mold does not sell, odd since MJ and a few other top sponsored pro players use the SOL really well.

Provide a source for this claim please...because it reeks of your usual BS.