• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Temple Of ROC!!!!

A buddy of mine regularly throws some Star Ontarios for those shots that are beat in really nicely. I've given them some hucks and I'd agree they DO get pretty close to the lines the Comet will fly on, but they turn sooner and fly faster. It's a bit trickier to get the 200 foot straight shot with a dive to the right with them than it is with a Comet.

i recently got into the roc.....i have a dx ontario, a few dxs, a kc pro and a just put a ching roc in the bag(havent thrown it yet)

how does the the ching rocs fly and how quickly do the the dx rocs break in?

jasondiscer84 said:
i recently got into the roc.....i have a dx ontario, a few dxs, a kc pro and a just put a ching roc in the bag(havent thrown it yet)

how does the the ching rocs fly and how quickly do the the dx rocs break in?

Ching Rocs fly just like KC pro/DX Ranchos. All Rancho molds fly the same(although KC's start a touch more stable depending on flashing situation).

DX Rocs beat in very gradually. I have a DX Rancho in my bag that is 3.5 years old and if it was the only Roc I could use for a round, I would get by. That is to say, even when Roc's are beat to snot, they are still very versatile and reliable. 3.5 years ago is when I first started playing, and it was my driver then, the first disc I owned basically.. Now its my turnover mid, or I also use it if I know I cant get a lot of power behind a shot(maybe a tree is obstructing my follow-through, for example). I know i can just snap it flat with very little power and its going to glide straight forever. And unless I lose it, I'm sure it will be doing the same thing in my bag for the foreseeable future. I'm sure there are guys out there that have had the same Roc in their bag for 5+ years.

Just get 2 to 4 and cycle them. I always have at least 3. They will last you forever. Dont worry about the shape or gouges in the plastic, just worry about how it flies.

Warming up for weekly triples last night I threw a ~220' foot line drive that slid up to an uphill with a badass broken in 11x I got off Trey. The disc didn't hit anything but when I went to pick it up it had a hole poked in the flight plate. I don't think I stepped on it so it must have hit something perfectly... damn shame. I repaired it as best I could with a lighter and had one last Cinderella night with it (it would be permanently retired when I got home. It did get me two sweet birdies including a park job on a 315' hole.

Jeronimo said:
Weekly triples? wtf? That must only take 4 hours to complete a round :shock:

Maybe I'm not explaining it well. It's like dubz + another person = trips. Favorite disc. It takes much less time than a singles round.

picked up a 09 master's championship roc at PIAS Friday night. I wanted to see what all the noise was about.

dear Lord, what am I going to do with 11 Buzzzes?

The roc's treated pretty good last night at league. I am now comfortable doing stand still shots with them. I have great confidence now when I have shots between 200-300. I can stand still with a roc and get it in a 25 ft. circle of the basket. Been carrying a couple of worn in ontarios, a couple of worn in dx rancho's and a couple of fresh/lightly worn 11x's/12x's. So...6 roc's in all. I really dig carrying one midrange that feels fairly similar in the hand. Now if I could just get comfortable with the rest of my bag.

Sean40474 said:
Ummmm... Yeah.

I was being serious though:
Straight rimmed S-TD
2hnpfzc.jpg

Slant rimmed C-TD
ngwn0n.jpg

jubuttib said:
Sean40474 said:
Ummmm... Yeah.

I was being serious though:
Straight rimmed S-TD
2hnpfzc.jpg

Slant rimmed C-TD
ngwn0n.jpg

LOL, sorry...I thought that was a very subtle racist joke....slant...chopsticks...apologies.

That illustrates what I wanted to know very actually. Thanks!

Does that effect your release in getting a lesser positive hit? It seems that angle difference would lend itself to slips during the pull.

Nah. It's different, but it doesn't really matter that much. Unless you psyche yourself out by thinking it's going to. =)

Latest posts