• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Things that DGers do, but Why???

840-rated players with pre drive and putt rituals that don't really seem to help them at all and just waste time. Some of these guys I like and respect alot as people but drive me nuts to play golf with. I like to keep a steady pace, and playing with these guys sometimes determine whether I will get in the 2nd round I also wanted to play. A two hour round quickly becomes 3 and a half. :wall:

When I play with any of my friends, they always understand that any more than 12 seconds on the pad means I get to tackle/sack them. kind of like 12 Mississippi.

Last edited:
Finishing up on hole 18 last night, we hear "Look out muther ****ers I'm throwing!" We turn to see what was going on and there was a shirtless goofball up on the tee pad. He winds up and unleashes a tomahawk directly into the trees. Hahaha. It was pretty funny. He then lets loose a string of obsenities, ****in muther ****ers need to get the **** outa my way so I can throw... Pretty sure the dude was cranked up on something, it was a great way to end the round.

I know several guys like that. I tell them I don't mind, but deep down, I kinda' do. So lately, I've made comments meant to wiggle into their little brains slowly, without making a huge deal of it.

"Boy, if I threw that many off the same tee, I'd have overcooked pasta for an arm...Gotta save it for when I need it, you know..."
"Sure hope we can find all of those. My eyes ain't what they used to be..."

Is that passive-aggressive?

If everyone is standing around waiting my assumption is that it's my turn to throw haha.. I also hate it when my disc isn't near the basket like it is supposed to be.

Man I think I am a pain to play with, I'm also good ish haha.... Post something else I'm guilty.

Hey I also pulled a Bobbo the other day.. He's a super nice guy that advocates slow play and constant betting... I was telling Chuck Norris jokes I read on here on the teeoff and made a further intentional stall because there was a breeze blowing on my birdie putt by telling a few more hoping that it would die off before I nailed a 70' putt with a Spin..

I dare you to play with me n Lobo..... As a dog owner I have supernatural focusing abilities nothing phases me except dead silence.

Last edited:
*** Bobbo's M.O. is that he uses his time on the tee as the key to your undivided attention to stop his throw and tell a story mid way through the warmup. It can be minutes before that disc leaves his hand.

Last edited:
*** Bobbo's M.O. is that he uses his time on the tee as the key to your undivided attention to stop his throw and tell a story mid way through the warmup. It can be minutes before that disc leaves his hand.

Yeah, my main disc golf pet peeve are people who don't throw then talk.

Especially when you're trying to bag a bunch of courses in a day. :|

ZGMC:
Sounds like you visited Park Circle in North Charleston, SC. That has happened several times, always some drunk crack head white guy with no shirt weighing all of 140lbs. Then when I say something back to him.....he responds...."i, dont want trouble dude".

ZGMC:
Sounds like you visited Park Circle in North Charleston, SC. That has happened several times, always some drunk crack head white guy with no shirt weighing all of 140lbs. Then when I say something back to him.....he responds...."i, dont want trouble dude".

Haha. Maybe that dude moved up here to michigan. Thats the description to a t.. First time ive ever seen him as well...

Playing my home course solo and two visitors from the next state over asked if I'd play with them to show them the course. Of course. We're on hole 6 and someone is walking around with no discs along if we found a blue teebird. We had not. Fast forward to hole 13, one of the guys finds the teebird, announced it and put it in his bag. 10 minutes later i see the guy who lost the disc, now playing another round and i call out to him that we found it. Man, I'll never forget the death stare the guy who found it gave me until he realized there was no way out and conceded that he had to give it back and acted cool about it. Awkward silence for the rest of the round made me kinda feel a bit guilty until they drove away immediately after 18. I'd do it again 10 times out of 10. What's with people?

Playing my home course solo and two visitors from the next state over asked if I'd play with them to show them the course. Of course. We're on hole 6 and someone is walking around with no discs along if we found a blue teebird. We had not. Fast forward to hole 13, one of the guys finds the teebird, announced it and put it in his bag. 10 minutes later i see the guy who lost the disc, now playing another round and i call out to him that we found it. Man, I'll never forget the death stare the guy who found it gave me until he realized there was no way out and conceded that he had to give it back and acted cool about it. Awkward silence for the rest of the round made me kinda feel a bit guilty until they drove away immediately after 18. I'd do it again 10 times out of 10. What's with people?

Wow. Those dicks were just gonna steal the guys disc. And then they wouldnt talk for the rest of the round? Thats nuts. Hopefully the dude just felt embarrassed for thinking it was cool just to bag the disc..

I hope they got a tire blowout on the way home and crash their car into a nest of angry bees.

I didn't know Massachusetts bordered Michigan. :D

Buy a bunch of a disc even though it is not oop or about to become that in any way, is a durable clear premium plastic so no cycle is needed, and is not a putter so no need for a bunch of practice discs.

Latest posts