• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tickler: new courses in the works? Charlotte

Huey's wooded holes are mostly completed. He has framed out a number of tee pads and installed some steps and goat trails etcetera. However, the holes out in the open are very soggy, and they need a brush hog to cut the brush, but it is toooooo soggy. So, the waiting game for a week or two of warmer and dryer weather so this can be accomplished is necessary. Still, the place is really shaping up nicely. Huey is a beast.

I continue to push for feedback from the park dept about the short course at Nevin with no concrete responses yet. Government red tape. The waiting game, with fingers crossed.

I finally got some feedback from the park department about a second course at Nevin. They told me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe. Actually, my park contact told me that he needed one final level of approval from the head honcho, the big cheese, numero uno, you know the big Kahuna. So,,,,,,,, with fingers still crossed I hope to have either a yes or no here in a week or two.

He doesnt have to call me. I already approve it! Have you thought about how much more potential trash we would see, is the park willing to put out some more trashcans on the long course and the short course and empty them?

They could just add a few of those bottomless trash cans near the shelters at Nevin lol

Oh, all holes are mowed cleared, etc. Just finishing up the amenities sans benches. Bridges, OB's (which will be the best, clearest defined, and permanant that you will see!) Mandos, erosion control, next tee signs, pad framing, etc. Then I have to let the grass grow a bit and start mowing in the actual fairway designs on the open holes. Once all that is done, I'll put in baskets.

Mando's - Done
Casual Relief areas marked - almost done
OB staked and lined with garden hose(by green) - Have 250'of 2000' left. All stakes will be metal fence posts painted in high gloss red and white.
Bridges - Have to plank one and replace another with real bridging. I am unsure if I am going to bridge over hole 18.
Erosion control on side hills - Almost complete but need to cut a few more cedars. to protect hill and baskets on holes 9,11, 12, 14,17
- 2 holes will get masoned brick walls similar to hornets nest #4&#5.
Need to build some more stairs
2/18 tee pads are framed but all retaining walls have been created out of block or stone.
10 poles installed.

let me know if you can help. Course opening time will be greatly reduced with help. Multiple people just makes every task easier and go faster.

Thanks!
Mark

What days (and times) are you out working on the Robbins Park Disc Golf course?
I would like to help, just need to figure out when I can get out there after work or on the weekend.

thanks

^ Like Bailey Road disc on facebook or send me your email into my PM box and Ill get you on an email list.

Just sayin'

10151227_10153991983920577_8633935077676641325_n.jpg

Should be a bit cooler tomorrow morning. 9-12PM Westmoreland Athletic Complex. Park behind the ballfield retaining wall. Call 704 728 3212
Lets knock out the rest of the tee pads. Also there is some dragging to do on 17. We get this stuff done soon I might bend my rule and open the course before concrete.

No approval for the beginner course at Nevin yet, BUT, I was told it is simply a rubber stamp and that I would hear something in a couple of weeks. Hmmmm. I was told that a month ago too. Anyway, I was thinking that in contrast to Nevin Nightmare that a beginner course could be NevinevinLand. Cockadoodledoo.

Or as the rednecks say. "Nevins" so it would be Nevinsevinslands to go with Baileys Sugaws Hornetss' Nests' Wingets' Kilborns' and all the other courses people add an 's to :) Stan, when do you want to walk Robbins again. Only 2 pads left to dig out.

Or as the rednecks say. "Nevins" so it would be Nevinsevinslands to go with Baileys Sugaws Hornetss' Nests' Wingets' Kilborns' and all the other courses people add an 's to :) Stan, when do you want to walk Robbins again. Only 2 pads left to dig out.

I think I can do Saturday morning.

Dan Foy sweats...but what you dont see is that Abby was doing all the digging and just handed Dan the shovel while she rested. You see her there lifting up cinder blocks while Dan laughs and laughs.
:)

Will be opening Robbins Park (W.A.C) next Monday for doubles. It will be ready by then. No glow, 6:30-6:45 start should give us plenty of time to finish. Im still deciding on cost. Will be random draw. So plan your next Monday evening around it.

Cornelius, NC (More details to follow)