• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Too many Putter choices! Which and why?

This is the most important decision for your game. Settle on a putter that keeps you relaxed in the circle. For the longest time I used OS putters (Rhyno, KC Aviar & PA1) where I had to create tension in my body in order to execute the putt for worry of the disc hyzering out on me. Look for straight/stable putters where you can keep relaxed and settle in.

I putted Pro Pigs for a while too (great inside 30 feet but I just couldn't generate enough power to be consistent outside that range). I putted RDG Scales, which are not as overstable as Pigs, but just not quite enough glide to be good at longer ranges. I putted Proto XT Colts after that. They were a little too shallow, and they had so much glide that when I overshot I ended up with long come-back putts. XT plastic also beats in way too quickly, and the production Colts suck compared to the protos.

For just putting, XT holds up really well. It scuffs and gets ugly, but durability is not an issue.

Fluid Judge. I've putted with it from the start in various plastics and tried lots of other putters, Pure, Dart, Wizard, Swan, Spike, Warden, Sparta, Envy, but always came back to the Judge and the Fluid is nice plastic, firm but not too firm. Warden is supposedly a beadless Judge but I don't like the feel and I feel it doesn't have as much glide, so for me the bead goes on, the bead goes on.

Anyone else get excited when these posts come up? You know exactly how the comments are going to read yet you're still sucked into dissecting every word...
1. Judge
2. Wizard
3. ::Insert comfortable feeling disc here::

True,
I should of said if you like a bead - Wizard
No bead, get a Warlock

Happy now?:p

My original comment was meant to be facetious. This topic comes up like what, every week? There is no perfect putter anyone can recommend for another, it comes down to the thrower/putter to pick it. And while there is some trial and error, once you find a mold that generally works, just stop the madness and stick with it, cycle them, try different weights and plastics, but stick with the mold. Learn the mold, then if you decide to switch, you'll have better knowledge of what it is your trying improve.

I putted and threw Yeti Pro Aviars for 3 years. I know this mold well, from new to beat, but there are a few things about it that weren't fitting what I wanted. But I wouldn't of known what those things were had I not stuck with it.

Anyway, I have a stack of Yetis gathering dust and I have been putting and throwing Wizards for the last year.

I have to give you that Part about Perfect putters, I say the person is totally lost they should have put it: Need help with long putting putters, what is your favorite to putt with for longer putts?. Then select the putter disc on this thread that has the most responses as the one they choose first to try then from there they go next and next on down the line, till they find what they like. Or they should know what feels best in there hands to putt with first or the flight style they are looking for then we could select Putters that have what they are looking for. It is not week so much as written in a poor way or is just a way to find out what others use without asking that directly. I think a poll should have been done with top 15 or 20 putters out on the market to give People a help, Ignoring the Plastic types for each putter otherwise it would be mostly Different types of Avair discs in different plastics for the choices.

For just putting, XT holds up really well. It scuffs and gets ugly, but durability is not an issue.

You could be right. The biggest issue with XT is that the flight plates warp like no one's business on even relatively minor tree hits (which kills the stability pretty quickly). If you never drove with one, it might hold up okay although I wouldn't be totally convinced without using one as solely a putter for a year or so.

I have to give you that Part about Perfect putters, I say the person is totally lost they should have put it: Need help with long putting putters, what is your favorite to putt with for longer putts?. Then select the putter disc on this thread that has the most responses as the one they choose first to try then from there they go next and next on down the line, till they find what they like. Or they should know what feels best in there hands to putt with first or the flight style they are looking for then we could select Putters that have what they are looking for. It is not week so much as written in a poor way or is just a way to find out what others use without asking that directly. I think a poll should have been done with top 15 or 20 putters out on the market to give People a help, Ignoring the Plastic types for each putter otherwise it would be mostly Different types of Avair discs in different plastics for the choices.

Do you just bang your head on a keyboard and then hit "Submit Reply?"

You could be right. The biggest issue with XT is that the flight plates warp like no one's business on even relatively minor tree hits (which kills the stability pretty quickly). If you never drove with one, it might hold up okay although I wouldn't be totally convinced without using one as solely a putter for a year or so.

Fair. I haven't used it as a thrower, but I've been using x-p1x and XT Aviars in my bag and practice basket for several years and there's no noticeable difference in putting with them.

Pure. It's flat and shallow and flies pretty neutral with average speed and glide. I push putt and I get a super clean release with this disc. I also like latitude 64 plastic. I putt with zero medium and opto depending on the weather.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts