• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I really don't understand Vibram's flight ratings. If I were looking for a stable/overstable driver at about 290-320 ft range, what disc would I be going for? And does the rubber compound affect what weights I should be throwing? I generally enjoy 165-168 range for drivers.

Given that your throwing the Eagle and the Striker I'd say go with the Ascent. Great disc and the weight range should be the same.

Well friends, I did it! I got my first Vibram Ace today!

It was a short 156 ft hole so I took out my main putter, a Easter Egg purple Summit at 170 g. You have to thread a shot right down the middle of a bunch of trees to get it close and even being as short as it is, 3 is a good score, especially if you do not hit the gap or do not get all the way to the basket before fading out. I threw my Summit on a nice little hyzer flip from a stand still and watched her flip up all nice and flat and then just soar past all the trees and hit square in the chains. It was a thing of beauty to watch.

Now if only I hadn't done it with my main putter.

For those of you who guessed Summit in the pool, you win. I think I took the Obex so bummer there.

What hole/Course?

By the way, if anyone has any blue Vibram discs they aren't throwing, let me know. Trying to get a full lineup in blue. I need a VP, Summit, Ascent, Lace, Trak, and Obex.

Is there anything new on the way from Vibram? I would love to see a fairway driver and mid somewhere around the stability of a firebird and a drone. That would certainly reduce the amount of plastic in my bag. :)

Thought I'd ask in this thread.

Most of the Vibram putters have a mold seam on the nose. Are you allowed to buff that off? It's effectively the same as flashing.

If you don't know who to vote for the Northwest, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Tyler Berry. :D I got to throw vibram for the first time at a birdie bash this month and I liked it so much I decided to apply for their street team. I was surprised when I was picked as a finalist. This company is just cool and their products are great and I think they are doing more to promote this sport by doing this stuff than any other manufacturer out there.

Please vote for Tyler Berry under the Northwest poll if you have a moment. I'm way behind right now but maybe I can catch up with your help. I greatly appreciate it, thanks!

If you don't know who to vote for the Northwest, I'd greatly appreciate your vote for Tyler Berry. :D I got to throw vibram for the first time at a birdie bash this month and I liked it so much I decided to apply for their street team. I was surprised when I was picked as a finalist. This company is just cool and their products are great and I think they are doing more to promote this sport by doing this stuff than any other manufacturer out there.

Please vote for Tyler Berry under the Northwest poll if you have a moment. I'm way behind right now but maybe I can catch up with your help. I greatly appreciate it, thanks!

Haha, I think I already did BEFORE I read this. Must have just been the right guy. I'm Tony Cramer, Sasquatch man, in case you were wondering ;)

I guess I'll just need to be more vigilant this year. I just need a soft sole to be happy. Maybe I should get it in blue anyways to match the rest. :D

i have the other three in blue also, but the sole doesn't even have the center stamp so i havent bothered. theres one on ebay right now.

What hole/Course?

By the way, if anyone has any blue Vibram discs they aren't throwing, let me know. Trying to get a full lineup in blue. I need a VP, Summit, Ascent, Lace, Trak, and Obex.

Hole 12 at Oxbow DGC in Windsor, CO. It isn't very long but it is tight and felt really good.

I'm Tony Cramer, Sasquatch man, in case you were wondering ;)

I voted for ya bud. I even picked up a Lace and Ibex after hearing you rave about 'em. Haven't had a chance to throw the Lace much, it's a poppy firm, but I'm hoping its not like the firm you mentioned earlier in this thread. We'll have to have a Vibram party when you win...:hfive:

Oh man, this thread just turned into a political campaign. I knew there was a reason I didn't sign up for the contest. Lets hope the negative attack ads don't come out. Just so y'all know, I voted last night the one time I will vote in this contest and went purely on creativity in your picture or your answer to the what animal question. Sad no one said they would be an Ibex since a really awesome disc golf disc was named after them.

Hey Steve, could you tell the guy with the grinder to ease off the flashing on the rim just a little bit? My last firm lace I got was blasted a "little" too hard. Just a heads up.

This is an ongoing improvement project. We are working on a system where this is at least partially automated. Thanks for the heads up though.