• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

I'm testing out an Unlace this weekend. Anything in particular I should try with it?

I'd be curious to see how straight you can get it to fly, and whether you can get it to fade out on shots that are high enough. I'd also be curious to see how it handles low ceiling shots, if possible.

Look forward to it!

I'm glad to hear people are liking the UnLace so far. Last I heard the OLace was coming out this month but I'm guessing that's not happening now. Any word on when? I'm really looking forward to it. I'm also really glad to see so many more people in my area throwing Vibram this year compared to last year. I know I played a part in that but the Birdie Bash helped a TON. Are we doing Birdie Bashes again?

My lace doesn't have the flight numbers on the bottom. All my othe vibrams do. Is this the norm or do I have a proto or what?

Soooo...are these rumored glow Vibrams a real thing? If so, are they something we'll see anytime soon? Perhaps when the softs go out? Anyone know anything?

The last that I heard about these was that they didn't glow very well and the project got scrapped. Maybe just pushed back. That happened well over a year ago. I am pretty sure at this point Vibram is way more apt to be focusing on other things. First is finishing the disc lineup with one disc in each of the 16 categories. It is more likely we will see a Vibram disc golf bag before a glow disc. Rubber just is not conducive to glowing.

My lace doesn't have the flight numbers on the bottom. All my othe vibrams do. Is this the norm or do I have a proto or what?

As has already been said, this is a first run.

Does anyone know with the new information stamp on the bottom if this is going to remain the difference between first runs and regular production runs? I know my unLace had the picture of the flight pattern on it, but no numbers that I am aware of. Didn't really remember seeing a place for the numbers though.

Does anyone know when specifically Vibram is going to run its Softs? I'm jonesing to pick up a few max weight Soft VPs, and if there are any out there for the standard price, I sure can't find them. A few 172s at Marshall St, but I'd prefer to stay at max weight. I'm trying to figure out if I should just wait it out or pull the trigger on the 172s; that'll depend on how long the wait is going to be.

Does anyone know when specifically Vibram is going to run its Softs? I'm jonesing to pick up a few max weight Soft VPs, and if there are any out there for the standard price, I sure can't find them. A few 172s at Marshall St, but I'd prefer to stay at max weight. I'm trying to figure out if I should just wait it out or pull the trigger on the 172s; that'll depend on how long the wait is going to be.

Softober! Typically Vibram makes softs once a year in October. Last I heard this was going to be the case again this year.

Got it. Probably means it'll be towards the end of the month at the earliest until the new Softs hit the market?

The last that I heard about these was that they didn't glow very well and the project got scrapped. Maybe just pushed back. That happened well over a year ago. I am pretty sure at this point Vibram is way more apt to be focusing on other things. First is finishing the disc lineup with one disc in each of the 16 categories. It is more likely we will see a Vibram disc golf bag before a glow disc. Rubber just is not conducive to glowing.
Hmm...okay, guess I'll give up that dream, then. Thanks for the info!

There are 100000 products out there already that glow in the dark and are made from the same stuff... Kids toys alone there are tons. Vibram COULD make glow discs. If vibram is extracting pure rubber from trees I can see adding glow agent being an issue but am 99.9% sure they produce synthetically created rubbery plastic discs not actual rubber discs.

:::paging Mr. Dodge?!:::

Dana posted this in the Vibram Collector's Group on Facebook on August 23... It seems like glow is a very real possibility (but no idea on when we can expect it :( )

Dana posted this in the Vibram Collector's Group on Facebook on August 23... It seems like glow is a very real possibility (but no idea on when we can expect it :( )
This is the last I'd seen on it, in another Vibram thread, which is what got me excited about them in the first place. A glow Ridge, Ibex and Ascent (as rumored on that FB post) could very well just become my standard bag.

Maybe it's just me but I would much rather see Vibram complete their line-up before anything else, even if it is glow discs. There are still big holes that I can't wait to see filled!

Maybe it's just me but I would much rather see Vibram complete their line-up before anything else, even if it is glow discs. There are still big holes that I can't wait to see filled!
Yeah, but glow in the dark rubber may be commercially viable outside of Disc Golf. :D

...which would explain their desire to bring it to the market before they round out their line-up.

I wish I had a video of the shot I had with my unLace at a tournament this past weekend. On a large down hill hole, 700'+ in distance with a drop of probably 100' in the first 200' of the hole, I was able to throw my unLace further than anyone else in my group. This happened mostly because I used the understability to let the thing really soar. It really is amazing what you can do with an unLace.

I agree with this. If they did find a way to make it work after scrapping it after the first attempt a while ago I will let y'all buy them at ridiculously high prices.

Anyone throw a light weight ascent? How does it's stability hold up to an almost max weight counterpart? I'm wanting to try one out.

Latest posts