• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Does Vibram still make monochrome (one solid color) discs? The chunk, marble style stuff is really pretty but it'd be nice to have a solid color disc to stick out of nature better.

Vibram sells custom stamp discs on an all white disc. One of the best deals out there. $10 per disc with your custom stamp (plus shipping). Minimum order is only 20 discs and you can mix and match. Order directly from Vibrams website. Only downside is you can't specify weights.

i recently got an all lime green obek.

I don't understand why disc manufactures make green discs (Vibram is not the only one). I have seen some very cool looking green marbled Vibram discs, but would never want it because it would be so hard to find.

I use mostly Green discs because they are easy to spot because of different shades in the marbled discs, it is the pure green like the softs that can be an issue to find. Neon Greens from Innova and Discraft are very easy to find, especially during the evening League rounds. That would be my only issue with Vibram, just wished they were a bit more vibrant.

I love my medium ridge for hyzer spike approaches, and short flex stalls because of the lack of glide. but sometimes it will finish right of target... im looking for something with a little more stability to fight slight annies but similar flat (my ridge is sunken top) and flexible feel. Is this the VP? My summit is close in stability on approaches to my ridge..

the bigger bead on the vp makes it more over stable then the ridge so i would say yes.

my lime green obex is very easy to find.

I love my medium ridge for hyzer spike approaches, and short flex stalls because of the lack of glide. but sometimes it will finish right of target... im looking for something with a little more stability to fight slight annies but similar flat (my ridge is sunken top) and flexible feel. Is this the VP? My summit is close in stability on approaches to my ridge..

The VP is exactly what you need. They are very flat and, as a matter of fact, my go to VP has a sunken top.

I've used it like this before... if there's a little headwind, then it'll flex and rise in the air vertically. It anyzer-spikes pretty well, and it will fight out of, so that it lands flat. The Ridge turns right more on anhyzers, whereas the VP stays straight and rises a little.

The comparison between VP and Ridge is a good one. The Ridge has less fade than the VP. The VP has more of a hooking fade to it, whereas the Ridge drops down a little, but it stays straight.

Loving my XlinkGlow VP. Definitely what I was wanting after trying the whole line. I putt with the ridge but the fade is needed on some shots. VP is trusty

Loving my XlinkGlow VP. Definitely what I was wanting after trying the whole line. I putt with the ridge but the fade is needed on some shots. VP is trusty

VP is my favorite Vibram disc. If I could have only one Vibram, then it'd be the VP. Saves me strokes. I have more shots with the VP than you can shake a stick at.

Very, very slow... hits chains and goes in. Hits the ground and sticks. VP = "valuable putter"

i use my vp for fh approaches and and hb upshots that are into the wind or need alot of fade at the end. I putt and do most of my approaches with summits. I carried a ridge for a while but found that i could cover the ridge shot with either a summit or vp just by playing with the release angle.

Just got all my vibram discs

2qs03uv.jpg

Inside my Crunchbox

3dijb.jpg

Sole Summit Ridge
VP Obex Trak
Ascent Unlace Lace

Gotta say I thought the consistancy among feel would be better for some reason. The ridge is really oily feeling, the vp is quite sandy almost, the Obex just feels amazing, the unlace is floppy. All are Mediums and marked with M's on the back.

Can't wait to toss them all

^ They change the blends of rubber occasionally so if the discs are from different time periods that' the reason. Also, if they feel a bit slick, wash them with some dishsoap it takes the slick feel off. Maybe that's the result of the releasing agent....?

You can also flip over your ridge on to a flat surface and fill it with boiling water to reset it back to non-sunken, flat state.

Just got all my vibram discs

2qs03uv.jpg

Inside my Crunchbox

3dijb.jpg

Sole Summit Ridge
VP Obex Trak
Ascent Unlace Lace

Gotta say I thought the consistancy among feel would be better for some reason. The ridge is really oily feeling, the vp is quite sandy almost, the Obex just feels amazing, the unlace is floppy. All are Mediums and marked with M's on the back.

Can't wait to toss them all

That is some serious disc swag right there! Sometimes I go to the course and someone sees my disc, and they're like, 'nice.' I think next year I'm going to bring Vibram to these individuals with a Birdie Bash. :)

You can also flip over your ridge on to a flat surface and fill it with boiling water to reset it back to non-sunken, flat state.

I dig the feel or i might have done that, my summit is super flat. Thanks for all the response guys i am eyeing a 168 medium from communitydiscs. Any difference between 168 and max weight? I want that LSS :D

Played 27 with the new discs.

Couldn't gel with the unlace
Obex is everything I want in a mid
Summit putts and approaches are orgasmic
Vp drives are like a shorter fresh dx roc
Lace just bombs but needs a bit of room even for my 330' arm
Ridge is kinda meh with summit and vp both bagged
Trak is great
Ascent isn't as stable as i hoped

Loved the round today. Gonna have tons of fun next round again with all vibram. I really miss a true under stable fairway though

Latest posts