• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread (Part II)

Yeah, Community Discs is unbelievable. Individual pics, cheap/fast shipping, great selection, fantastic prices, and transcendent customer service. I've been buying from Justin for over a year now and have nothing but good things to say about him.

Yeah, community and mst get all my Vibram business. Gotta go gotta throw for everything else, but when I want a Vibram I check community and then mst if need be.

Hyzer Farm is excellent. Also on eBay is Hazard Discs, who also has individual pictures and is currently having a sale on Vibram. I have been very happy with Community Discs. I am avoiding Infinite Discs because no pictures and misleading descriptions.

VBB Stories?

If people respond to this, we can make a separate thread too... any cool VBB stories out there? Thought it'd be a cool topic now that they're over for the year.

Here's mine: TDed a VBB. Witnessed someone's first ace after ten years of playing, with an Ibex. Hit chains and stuck there. 250' downhill. He got third place, and he won a new Lace! Great stuff!

I sent Steve Dodge a question about custom Solaces over the weekend, and he responded that the Solace would be released to retailers in late July with custom Solaces possibly available in September.

What current run of the Ascent would be stable to understable? I have two early run ascents. One is beefy like a worn banshee and the other is like a straight Leo but turns when I need it to. Should I just look into getting a Trak?

What current run of the Ascent would be stable to understable? I have two early run ascents. One is beefy like a worn banshee and the other is like a straight Leo but turns when I need it to. Should I just look into getting a Trak?

The unLace seems to do a lot for me. Very understable. It's a wide-rimmed distance driver, that is very dome-y. Considerably dome-ier than the Lace, which is fairly dome-y (Destroyer-like).

unLace works for a lot of different shots, but it's very sensitive to many different factors, depending on the wind, how beat-in, your grip, hyzer-angle, etc.

It's also considerably faster than the Ascent/Trak, but according to Vibram, you only need to throw it 44 mph, versus 50 mph for the Trak (or 56 mph for the Ascent).

Future Vibram Models Mock-up

Ubex_Sobex_Imprint_Tread_Solace_Mockups.PNG

Just for fun, I used a simple snipping tool to cut and paste together what the next Vibram models should be! (click on image to make bigger)

Sobex = super overstable midrange
Ubex = understable midrange
Imprint = understable fairway driver
Tread = super overstable fairway driver
Solace = already created (stamp on disc looks exactly the same too)

Cool right?!

View attachment 48069

Just for fun, I used a simple snipping tool to cut and paste together what the next Vibram models should be! (click on image to make bigger)

Sobex = super overstable midrange
Ubex = understable midrange
Imprint = understable fairway driver
Tread = super overstable fairway driver
Solace = already created (stamp on disc looks exactly the same too)

Cool right?!

Very cool. I've always liked Tread as a name. Only thing I would change would be to Sobex to Mobex. I know Sobex is what the actual naming scheme dictates it is (Solace) but us Vibramites here have always called it Mobex... Just wish that's what it will end up being

Very cool. I've always liked Tread as a name. Only thing I would change would be to Sobex to Mobex. I know Sobex is what the actual naming scheme dictates it is (Solace) but us Vibramites here have always called it Mobex... Just wish that's what it will end up being

I'm a Vibramite through and through so I hear you on the Mobex vs Sobex. Just thought since Vibram has stayed consistent with Ubex/unLace, Ibex/Lace, Obex/O-Lace, that Sobex/Solace was better than Mobex/Solace.

Honestly, I am not really a fan of either Mobex or Sobex because I think the names sound clunky and awkward. However, I do think Imprint and Tread would fit perfectly with Vibram's theme and with Trak and Ascent.

http://www.pdga.com/apps/tournament/live/live.php?TournID=16382

Dana is on the lead card going into round 2 of the Maple Hill Open. Just wanted to share the link so all of us Vibramites could track his progress. Vibram Nation is behind you Dana!

Now, for a disc question... What have you all noticed about stability between domey and flat O-Laces? I have a flat O-lace (which feels great in my hand, especially FH) that is BEEFY. All there O-Laces I have thrown have been on the flatter side, so I was wondering if domier ones were less OS? My flat one is too OS to be useable for me in most situations (I like it for headwind FHs but BH it needs to be a really, really stiff headwind for me to pull it out) and I really need something that sits between it and my medium Laces.

I have a heavy domey one that is super overstable and lacks glide. I also have a mid 160's that is very workable and is gradually becoming one of my favorite discs to throw. I suggest grabbing one in the low 160's with a nice, smooth dome.

I have a heavy domey one that is super overstable and lacks glide. I also have a mid 160's that is very workable and is gradually becoming one of my favorite discs to throw. I suggest grabbing one in the low 160's with a nice, smooth dome.

Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a 169 (I could maybe go as low as 165, but I like keeping all my discs close in weight) Firm, hoping it could beat in faster. Just not sure what shape or PLH to look for.

Yeah, I was thinking about picking up a 169 (I could maybe go as low as 165, but I like keeping all my discs close in weight) Firm, hoping it could beat in faster. Just not sure what shape or PLH to look for.

Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pics of mine and include by side comparisons.