• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vibram Discs (don't get caught without your rubber)

I'm also not sure how accurate it is since spin is not involved. By the math they used, I can throw one about 90-95 mph or something rediculous like that.

Steven Dodge said:
The Vibram Open is safe and sound. And Maple Hill may have a couple new tweaks for next year so there should be even more excitement for those of you that follow the video action live online. Vibram is committed to the Vibram Open and is really excited about the future of disc golf.

Jason and I speak very little. We founded Marshall Street and the MSDGC together but our goals were divergent and we parted ways. It started out as an okay separation but has deteriorated over time. The MSDGC is done and we agreed to not run it again unless we do it together, so I started Prime Discs to help fund, market and coordiante the Vibram Open at Maple Hill and two years later here we are.

Now regarding real stuff, the trimming issues have been completely resolved. Aaron Ala even trimmed some and he is just a chemist, albeit a pretty good one.

Lastly, if you are looking for a place to buy a Vibram Disc, I carry them at Prime Discs. You can also get them from any of the Vibram Pinnacle Retailers listed on the Vibram Disc Golf website: http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/about-us.html

That's a damn shame. I don't understand how anyone couldn't be excited about a major company like Vibram stepping into our market.

You've done great work down there Steve, keep it up man, just don't burn yourself out.

I second the last post, the VPs and summits are great. I sure as hell did bitch about not being able to get them for so long when everyone who was a tester was posting about them, but it was worth the weight. Both disc fly great, and all of the one I have all fly the same, little variance between discs, what else can you ask for. It seems that DGR feedback on Vibram discs is really taken seriously, and that is something that can not be overlooked or taken lightly! Steve is awesome and responds to everyone's questions, good or bad.

I haven't read this thread in forever so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

BUT...

When(no bullshit) will lighter weights(if ever) of your VP be available. Like in the 165-168gram range.

Thanks in advance.

Jsw said:
I haven't read this thread in forever so forgive me if this question has already been answered.

BUT...

When(no bullshit) will lighter weights(if ever) of your VP be available. Like in the 165-168gram range.

Thanks in advance.

DITTO

I also prefer 168ish in stable putters, and otherwise grateful for your efforts ;)

Mmmmm....Prime got in some other colors last night! I ordered three of them! Stone, dark red, and burnt red. I am hoping that stone is a dark grey blackish color, please oh please! Maybe if Steve checks out the thread he can tell us?

Jsw said:
When will lighter weights(if ever) of your VP be available. Like in the 165-168gram range.

Thanks in advance.

We are running them this week. As soon as we get enough stock to satisfy expected initial demand, we'll release them. The 170-172s were released on Tuesday and should be hitting stores next week.

And yes, stone is light grey and there is one gray/brown one. (my wife comes up with the colors if I have trouble - she insisted that some of the new discs I got from Innova were opal, whatever color that is.

Woohoo! Can't wait to get some 172s for puttin!

The new firms are perfect, steve. I was really disapointed when I got the soft firms, but I have since got a few of the new firms and they are GREAT!!

Now we just need some black or white ones!

I just got a Pro Boss and a buddy got a Star Wrsith that were eye searingly yellow. Its crazy how bright the are.