• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers

jcrab66

Double Eagle Member
Big sale on Zulilly.com starting tomorrow at 9am eastern until Thursday. 55% off. I got a sneak peak email from them since i signed up on the site and took advantage of the 50% off Keen sale they had a while back. Personally I am not interested in getting any five fingers but I know there are plenty of folks here that wear them so enjoy...

the sale will have mens shoes just like the Keen sale did but you are correct, most of the time its just babies and women

They do, just tricky finding the mens. Let me re-do it (don't remember off the top of my head) and I'll come back with directions. Same deal as the OP, got some Keens and now I get 987345290345723907 emails from them:wall:

But yeah, someone will indeed want these.

EDIT: Nobody typed "mens shoes" into the search? Came right up for me HERE.

Last edited:
Also keep an eye out for the 5-finger Winter Edition!!

Attachments

• imagesCA0M0Y8C.jpg
    imagesCA0M0Y8C.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 70
Nice! If I wear a size 11.5 in a Keen, wonder what size I should try in these?

There's a chart out there that gives you the proper conversion. You basically put your bare heel against a wall then measure from the wall to the end of your longest toe. (big toe, second toe, whichever is longest.)

probably a 43 or 44, but as previously mentioned you really need to do the barefoot against the wall measurement to be sure. check the vibram website, they have a video.

I'd highly recommend being fitted for these as opposed to buying them online if at all possible. The fitment is weird, and you really should try them on to make sure that they are what you want - a lot of people I know prefer merrell 'trail gloves' over these.

I prefer the V5F for lifting, especially heavy compound stuff like squats and dead lifts.

http://www.altrazerodrop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_15151_18952_75503_176925

those are a great alternative to VFFs. I bought a pair earlier this year to wear to the office. they are just as minimal as my KSOs but you can wear socks with them. I'm wearing them right now. Also follow the recommendation of 1/2 size smaller if you get these. The price on them now is almost half what I paid six or seven months ago.

and I agree VFFs and the shoes mentioned above are great lifting shoes. especially for deadlift.

you do know you can put them in the washing machine right? just don't put them in the dryer.

the smell returns after one or 2 uses, It does not really go away.
I was told by a sales clerk they were antimicrobial, anti bacterial, blah blah blah, gaurenteed not to stink. HA!
I have a pair of worn out running shoes that do not smell at all, these I had to keep outdoors after a few weeks of light wear, even after washing.

Latest posts