• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers

a little baking soda in the shoes after the round helps fight off the stank. there is nothing that can be done about the stink on shoes like these. it is what it is.

the smell returns after one or 2 uses, It does not really go away.
I was told by a sales clerk they were antimicrobial, anti bacterial, blah blah blah, gaurenteed not to stink. HA!
I have a pair of worn out running shoes that do not smell at all, these I had to keep outdoors after a few weeks of light wear, even after washing.

Mine are the same. They definitely get funky after a few wears. Wash and the stnk goes away but will come back again. Luckily they are very easy to wash and they dry quickly.

I was told by a sales clerk they were antimicrobial, anti bacterial, blah blah blah, gaurenteed not to stink. HA!
I have a pair of worn out running shoes that do not smell at all, these I had to keep outdoors after a few weeks of light wear, even after washing.

Sounds kind of like clothes opposed to shoes, but worse.

I use anti-microbial fabreeze on my goalie equipment for roller hockey and it smells better, maybe this could help the stench for five fingers.

I caution though, don't use if you have sensitive skin. I know my g/f gets a kind of rash if the anti-microbial stuff comes in contact with her skin would hate to have that happen to you per my suggestion.

I've had mine for about 18 months, and washed them about 3 times. Only washed them because they were starting to get smelly. Almost like new every time I took them out of the washer.

Granted, I wear mine 3-4 times a week for about 2 hours at a time. Maybe wearing them less or taking them off right after you're done working out will help?

A trick that I used for smelly soccer equipment (cleats, shin guards, goalie gloves) was to put them into a zip lock back and then put them into a freezer over night. The freezing killed off the bacteria which causes alot of the smell. it works. once the smell comes back, back into the freezer.
I assume this process would work for any type of equipment.
(the zip lock back is to keep the smell from getting into other things in the freezer!)

A trick that I used for smelly soccer equipment (cleats, shin guards, goalie gloves) was to put them into a zip lock back and then put them into a freezer over night. The freezing killed off the bacteria which causes alot of the smell. it works. once the smell comes back, back into the freezer.
I assume this process would work for any type of equipment.
(the zip lock back is to keep the smell from getting into other things in the freezer!)

Great Idea! Wish I had a freezer big enough for hockey goalie gear.

Latest posts