• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Vintage Discs?

AJ_86

Double Eagle Member
How many of you throw old discs or molds? Stuff from over a decade ago?

Things like Gazelles, P-38s, Gumbputts, etc?

I have a Cheetah, an 86 Softie, a Gopher, a Cobra, a couple Vipers, an XD, a couple Stingrays and a #2 Roller (formerly called the B-17).

I don't use all of them, but I have thrown all of them in the past for extended periods of time.

I'll get a group shot up sometime, I suppose.

I have a Champion Stingray I really like. I don't like throwing it tho. I'm afraid to loose it.
I donno if Panther might be considered vintage, but I have one of these in Champion plastic I don't like to throw, but I have yet to find a reliable replacement. The SR and this both do the same lines.

I just dyed a Champion Stingray. I have my old Discraft X2 that I still take out every once in awhile. My wife's main disc is her Pegasus. Found a star stamped Dolphin in a leaf pile the other day. And my son does some damage with Gazelles.

When I began 14 years ago I bought 3 discs. One was a XD. I had it in my bag for about 12 years until I discovered the buzzz and started throwing Roc's too, there was overlap so I traded the XD off. The XD is a super sweet disc though!! Its a great middy/putter for beginners.

I carry a Cobra, couple DX Stingrays in different stages of beatness, Aero (for straight or annie approaches that need to stick), beat Cheetah (for rollers), and a Whippet (from time to time). In addition to a Roc and Aviar which should both qualify as (mainstream) vintage.

I gotcha for a min I thought you were trying to get rid of them, misread sorry. I'm a huge airplane fanatic and the B-17 was calling my name.

I gotcha for a min I thought you were trying to get rid of them, misread sorry. I'm a huge airplane fanatic and the B-17 was calling my name.

Well, the #2 Roller I do have up for sale/trade in the link in my sig. The only remaining B-17 markings on the newer stamps like it has is a little 'B-17' at the bottom of it, so it could be identified by people who used to throw the WarBirds series.

Still throw a Hawk for short annies. Threw all of those at one time. Probably wouldn't mind a nice DX Viper for short spike heizers; but, I don't have any, anymore.

Back when I threw Jaguars I used to roll a B-17. It didn't seem so big with the larger-diameter Jaguar in the bag. I used to throw Scorpions and B-2's as well. Now I don't think any of those would fit in my bag.
061-1.jpg

Back when I threw Jaguars I used to roll a B-17. It didn't seem so big with the larger-diameter Jaguar in the bag. I used to throw Scorpions and B-2's as well. Now I don't think any of those would fit in my bag.

^^that be her.....:thmbup:

I'm still holding some old X-Clones and old Cyclones. I have a couple X-Clones still in new condition as I bought those as backups a long time ago. I still have most of my original discs, a couple of Scorpions, a very old Raven, and a super taco'd Aviar. I actually still use the Aviar in practice but the others are just sitting around getting older.

My brother still actively throws an old Dead Puppy and an 86 Softie.