• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Vintage Discs?

attachment.php

My Gumbputt, gotten from deadbody, and my 86 Softie that has served me for years.

They've actually pushed both my Ions (soft and medium) out of the bag by simply out performing them. My SuperSoft Omega might be moving out too, but it's still pretty damn solid.

Attachments

• putts.jpg
    putts.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 430
I love DX stingrays! Just hit my 8th ace with one on Thanksgiving.

I used to throw a gumbputt, but I grew out of it after many years.

Another '93 Aviar. This one is from the Wintertime Open. At the time it was almost unheard of to have a two-color stamp. I picked this one up just for that reason.

002-6-1.jpg

attachment.php

My Gumbputt, gotten from deadbody, and my 86 Softie that has served me for years.

They've actually pushed both my Ions (soft and medium) out of the bag by simply out performing them. My SuperSoft Omega might be moving out too, but it's still pretty damn solid.

Gumbputts get no love. It's sad really.

I've got three Chains Aviars from 1991 and usually keep two in the bag. Only other old school disc would be a Condor. Don't know where I'd be without it.

Another '93 Aviar. This one is from the Wintertime Open. At the time it was almost unheard of to have a two-color stamp. I picked this one up just for that reason.

002-6-1.jpg

I just got one of these. Its stamps are black and rainbow.

Gumbputts get no love. It's sad really.

That's because the name is being tarnished by the substandard new ones.

I'm just glad that mine is white... it's soft as hell as is in 50 degree weather. If it was black like the Softie, the thing would melt in summer.

attachment.php

The vintage lineup that never leaves my bag. Vipers and Cheetahs might come and go, but the 86 Softie, the Cyclone, the Gumbputt and the Cobra have all earned permanent spots in the bag.

It's kind of neat being the only person on a course throwing something. Everyone else has Nukes and TeeBirds and Magnets and Aviars... and they snigger at the guy throwing discs as old (or older) than he is.

Haters gonna hate.

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 303
I still have a Discraft Deuce in my bag. It's great for mid range rollers, desperation tomahawks and I think its pretty much indestructable. I got it somwhere around 1987/1988 to replace my Phantom+ !

These are my oldest golf discs. I don't use any of them any more, and no they are not for sale!

Attachments

• Scanned Photo-1-4.jpg
    Scanned Photo-1-4.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Scanned Photo-2-1.jpg
    Scanned Photo-2-1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Scanned Photo-3-1.jpeg
    Scanned Photo-3-1.jpeg
    95.9 KB · Views: 13
Drat! I just deleted my album of my old discs. Oh well.
These are my sister in-law's. Back in the day, her mom was the MN Womens state champion for a few years running.
anne%20discs.jpg