• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Vintage Discs?

Back when I threw Jaguars I used to roll a B-17. It didn't seem so big with the larger-diameter Jaguar in the bag. I used to throw Scorpions and B-2's as well. Now I don't think any of those would fit in my bag.
061-1.jpg

arent those (the jaguar) ultimate discs?i know they are PDGA approved but

No, the Jaguar is a driver. Very flippy with a ton of glide because of the huge diameter. Off an elevated tee with a tailwind they would float for a long way.

i suppose these go for an arm and a leg.....?

the plane discs? not that i've seen. usually pretty cheap. i think marshalstreet has a couple for $10 plus whatever shipping is. they have all the other plane ones as well.

http://www.marshallstreetdiscgolf.com/product/ST-8073/B-17-Flying-Fortress/
Lightning re-released a lot of the airplane stamps last year, and that dumped the value of the old stuff. Before that I was selling off old airplane stamps for $40/disc, which was crazy/stupid money for an old Lightning disc.

I still throw the first disc I ever bought (14 yrs. ago), a red Comet. The weight wore off years ago, I don't even remember what the weight is. Probably around 171 g.It's gotten a little flippy but not alot. I would say I use it 10 shots a round.I putt with it too, at times.Everyone laughs at my old school plastic but it works for me, and I pretty much know exactly what it's going to do.Like an old friend...

I still throw the first disc I ever bought (14 yrs. ago), a red Comet. The weight wore off years ago, I don't even remember what the weight is. Probably around 171 g.It's gotten a little flippy but not alot. I would say I use it 10 shots a round.I putt with it too, at times.Everyone laughs at my old school plastic but it works for me, and I pretty much know exactly what it's going to do.Like an old friend...
I'm pretty sure the first disc I bought was still in the trunk when I sold that old Century I drove in college. :doh:

every now and then I play one disc rounds with my confor and shoot damn good too,but it tends to screw up my putting when I go back to my omega lol. Condor kicks ass though,like a huge diameter roc to me. Thumb rollers ftw!

others in the bag:
omega ss
ce omega
tp cyclones
se rhynos
01 ce roc

collection:
ce aviars
ce omegas
omega aps
omega ss's
condor's
scorpion
jaguar
python
tp clones
pat pend aviar (80's disc )
omegas
01 ce roc
ce fbs
proto star banshee
prototype aurora ms
tons of others. I love old stuff

I do still have a few "old school" discs, two of my fav's are a special edition <what is now pro plastic> leopard, and the first year champ plastic came out Banshee. only other notable I have is a ching Tank, which was very close to the ryno, but not as stable, and mine is VERY soft, almost blowfly-ish. I came across it during the spring and threw it around some, but it was way too understable to completely control.

For anny putts and short approaches I use my first putter, which is a chains aviar. I carry circle stamp stingrays, pro line cobras, and a se leopard. All these discs are in my bag right now.
Biz
Team Bert

This is the collection of older molds that have a home with me.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Lightnings are all new stamped versions of the WarBird Series. The #2 Roller is the B-17, the #2 Slice is the Bearcat and the #3 Hookshot is the SR-71. The last disc is an 86 Softie.

The first Cheetah, the first two Cobras and the Roc are exclusively my father's discs. The other Cheetah and Cobra, the Gopher and the 86 Softie are exclusively my discs. The rest are shared and get tossed into the bags whenever we feel the urge to throw them, save for the big #2 Roller and the first Stingray, which I have up for trade/sale.

Attachments

• IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1573.JPG
    IMG_1573.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_1574.JPG
    IMG_1574.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
I huck the piss outta some Cobras.

I also like Banshees and have a Cyclone in the bag but it doesn't see too much air time.

I throw a 175g beaten flat-top classic roc for shots between 125ft to maybe 200ft that I need to stay perfectly straight with zero fade at the end.

I gave my son an old 133g Cobra and my wife has a 148g stingray and a 150g banshee. Ive also got a beaten to hell star stamped banshee but I don't throw it very often.

Last edited:
I huck the piss outta some Cobras.

I also like Banshees and have a Cyclone in the bag but it doesn't see too much air time.

I got a birdie the other day in a Doubles round with my Cobra, from about eighty feet out.

It was sweet to see that disc turn in just a bit and hit dead center. It's my primary up-shot disc.

I friggin' love Cobras. I have no idea why they aren't buzz/roc popular. One of my golf partners uses a pair of 86 Softies for his main putters. They feel great in the hand and I'm sure they fly terrific, I'm just trying to keep my self off OOP/Botique plastic when ever I can avoid it.
I'm a huge collector of many different things and I'm doing everything in my power to keep my plastic gathering under control.

I is NOT in any way, shape, or form an easy thing to do.

I have in my bag an old 'Hands on" Avair putter, a scorpion and an original viper. All from late 80s to early 90s. My roller disc is a 144g Stingray.

I just sold a never been thrown 91 mold.

occasionally i pull out a cheetah (old stamp on it) i found, but its like 149g so I tend to flip it and watch it roll which doesn't do much for me

2010-11-17_20-15-40_655.jpg

I'm assuming the Hammer is older, and I know the Jaguar is. The wizard does not have any engravings on the bottom, but I don't have another wizard to compare it to. The fourth is a Millenium Tachyon with a Ching Sniper Y2K special edition stamp, and a Mid Atlantic Disc Club stamp for the 1998 Disc Golf Pro Series. I might have to look to the "What is the story on this disc" thread for answers on the last one.