• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

WHAT ARE SOME GOOD LIGHT DRIVERS?

Nicktendo

I had just recently purchased an innova dragon and as a sidearm player this disc works wonders for the lack of backhand strength. I use it mainly on non windy days and as a lefty it had a very predictable right fade at 250'. Just the problem is I am looking for a lightweight disc with a little more speed for extra distance

Any recommendations?

It sounds like you throw the Dragon Sidearm (RHFH)?? Either way, more power to ya! I could NEVER get those to go anywhere period... Check out Surge in a lighter weight for FH. I personally had a LOT of luck with this disc FH and now even BH. But remember... Too light will never go too far. If I miss read this post and your looking for a BH driver? Try the Avenger SS. That disc is a super hero in itself..

My 148 Star Eagle X is very nice and surprisingly beefy.

My 148 Star Eagle X is very nice and surprisingly beefy.

Not really faster but dont think you are going to just buy some distance worth much if the Dragons only going 250, but a 150 Teebird, also slower, is nice as well.

Maybe a 150 Valk but I really dont think your going to get much.

You know, I suggest at 250' with the Dragon to try a Cheetah or Gazelle and wouldnt be suprised if you got better distance with the slower disc.

150 valk is an amazing disc. I throw it back hand, it's one of my favorite discs if you can control it.

^What this cat said.

Great Disc if you know how to control it right. (Champion 150 Valk) gets MAD understable. I used it mainly for BH roller shots off the tee on longer right turning fairways. Lost it down at Nevin though:thmbdown::(....

It sounds like you throw the Dragon Sidearm (RHFH)?? Either way, more power to ya! I could NEVER get those to go anywhere period... Check out Surge in a lighter weight for FH. I personally had a LOT of luck with this disc FH and now even BH. But remember... Too light will never go too far. If I miss read this post and your looking for a BH driver? Try the Avenger SS. That disc is a super hero in itself..

Im throwing LHBH for the lighter discs right now I can throw almost twice as far sidearming my max but I figured I should start throwing backhand just to get the feel a little more since im always going to be putting BH... How light do they make the SS?

^What this cat said.

Great Disc if you know how to control it right. (Champion 150 Valk) gets MAD understable. I used it mainly for BH roller shots off the tee on longer right turning fairways. Lost it down at Nevin though:thmbdown::(....

I need to work on 150 Valks. Seems like Im right there at about being able to send one a mile and, when it does, it seems to go flying out of sight, off the fairway and into god knows where.

<snipped>and as a sidearm player</>

Any recommendations?

I'm no pro, not even... But I can go out and play, not embarrass myself if I play with really really good players. I might swoop in a bird or two so with that, take it for what it's worth.

Innova Champion Banshee 147g
Innova Star Sidewinder 150g
Innova Star TeeBird 150g
Innova Star Valkyrie 150g

These are what I carry, I have bunch of different discs that I've thrown a lot of and these are the ones that have stayed in the bag, the others go to my kids and in a box.

All of the above are readily available.

When you look at Innova charts, just take the path and mirror it the other way for sidearm as you are spinning it the other way...

Hangwind, what's your max d no wind driver? I throw right around 300', is a 150 champ valk thrown on a massive hyzer a good max d driver for me or should I go heavier?

Not really faster but dont think you are going to just buy some distance worth much if the Dragons only going 250, but a 150 Teebird, also slower, is nice as well.

Maybe a 150 Valk but I really dont think your going to get much.

I have a 150gm star Teebird for throws that I can't step into (standing throws). I can throw it a lot farther than I can throw my Dragon.

I used to have a R-Pro Boss at 150gm... It would go a long way, but it quickly beat flippy...

Latest posts