• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What are you excited to try in 2019?

Nothing announced, but I am hoping the Musket gets offered in either Gold Line or recycled or whatever Lat's version of this is. With the way the Opto glides at that stability, I think it will be the best 10 speed offered. This interests me because I would like to toy with carrying slower speed distance drivers for a bit.

From a few casual rounds, the Night Strike FD is threatening my Opto-X Rivers for space in my bag. Will need to field test it some more

I'll be ready to throw down some $$$ on the next Mike Jo tour series Comet. Other than that, I'd be surprised if there was anything I felt like I HAD to try.

I'll probably run an Ace Race and a Trilogy thingy so I'll de facto get some new molds and sometimes I end up bagging the Ace Race disc so who knows?

I am not really looking for new molds to try except when my old pro Shark gets too beat in to work or too light I will try a G Star for its replacement disc. Seriously what is it with some brands only using certain plastic for a style of disc? Innova could make an R-Pro Shark even if in a limited Production plastic (like the slow midrange and putter type old pro) and I would be happy. So I might try my first G Star disc that is mine in 2019 if I need to replace that old Pro Shark.

So your next putter will be called the Challey?

Nope I bet it will be the Discovery with that shuttle on it, the other famous NASA Shuttle to make Discraft that much more mad that it is a Challenger clone. If not that then the Shuttle is the with an exploding Shuttle on the disc coming into earth and date on and saying never forget like Discraft had for the Challenger II that exploded in the 2000's.

Last edited:
I really like the TL, and I lost my favorite Champion TL a few days ago. I'm looking to replace it with a few Star TL3's.

Other than that, I have no plans to try anything new.

I'll try the DD3 when it comes out, but I really suspect it's just a rebranded Destroyer (like the Scorpius). Other than that, I'm not too excited about anything.

My bag has been pretty set for a while and I mostly just try the same molds in new plastics. Would like to get my hands on a shatter sparkle Patriot and a color glow PD.

Not a new mold in 2019, but I have a 171g champ SHRYKE!! that I'm excited to try out.

Have only thrown one SHRYKE!! It's max weight champ glow, and noticeably domey. Acts more stable/OS than I think a SHRYKE!! should. I'm hoping that the lighter and milder dome version will be a legit distance crusher, rather than basically flying control driver type lines.

However, with this Montana winter in full swing, it's going to be several months before I have much reason to huk a high speed driver.

Excited to try the new Discraft molds. Already played a round with the Raptor and it's terrific.

I just started playing may 2018 and have been testing different molds almost the entire time I've been playing. Don't really have many molds set in stone yet but I have a prodigy f3 on the way I'm super excited about. Also really anxious for the release of the new kastaplast mid. I bagged a kaxe z for almost 2 months. Probably my most used disc but quit bagging it because it was more of a fairway driver than a mid. Hoping the gote will be more of a true workhorse mid