• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What DG courses in Va or NC have their own "Pro Shop"?

Bamm

Double Eagle Member
Me and my friends are always looking to play new courses in Va and some of my "noob" friends always seem to want to buy a disc when we go. I get a little tired of trying to find a PIAS and I refuse to shop at Dick's Sporting Goods. Would always like to give some business to the guys that run a course as well. Maybe NC as well as we have made a couple of ventures down there to play. Thanks guys..........................jerry

Lake's Edge in Reidsville, NC is a good choice. Sanford has one of the best NC "pro shops" around in the form of Fins, Furs, and Feathers. It's a pet store owned by the organizer of the Home Grown tour and Spike Hyzer gear. Great store and Chuck is really cool. OT Sloan is down the road from there and not the best course but it's still fun and I believe just got concrete tees put in. :thmbup:

As an ex-Northern VA DGer, the park offices at Burke Lake and Pohick Bay offer a reasonable selection of Innova discs, few, if any, with a custom course stamp. Want that--Blockhouse/Grange is where you need to go. Most custom stamps elsewhere are from tournament events/fund raisers.

I played New Quarter park when I was in Williamsburg VA and i wouldn't call it a pro shop but they did have discs you could buy. It did cost 3 dollars to play but they did have some unique holes and am and pro baskets so you could play with your n00b friends and still have a challenge.

Thanks guys, not necessarily looking for special stamped discs, mostly just would rather support the guys running the courses and "glean" some disc advice from them. Thanks for the tips and keep'em coming...............

You should definitely hit up the Blockhouse if your in VA.They have 2 very challenging 18 hole championship courses as well as an 18 hole par 2 "Tiki" course which they light up at night and their pro shop "The Stupid Store" has a good selection of mostly Innova which is priced well.

Southside Va. has a neat store that sells lots of discs. I wouldn't call it a "Pro Shop" and it's not located beside a course either. Southeastern Outdoor Supplies, has all your hunting, fishing, camping, carhart, ammo, guns, bows, trail cameras and most anything related to the Outdoor life style, and is also a Innova & Discraft dealer. Located on Figsboro Rd. near the Henry & Franklin County line. J.Frank Wilson DG park is about 10 miles away, Sontag is about 15 miles away. Ferrum College course is about 20 miles away.

Being that I just took down the 1st annual border battle(adv) between VA & NC I though I could share... but it has already been shared. Lake Reidsville, NC has the best course in North NC called Lake's Edge DGC. They have a small proshop w/innova and discmania selections. Better yet they have camping and a great lake! Hit up the newly renovated Danville, VA Course on the way about 25 miles north of there. The just spent $10,000 on improvements! Now how many courses can say that!

If you play in Charlotte you could look at our website, Charlottedgc.com , and see if we are running any league events. If we are, we have plenty of plastic at these events for sale.

Latest posts