• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What Discs have you bought Multiples of?

Saint (two different plastics and weights)
River (replacement)
FD (replacement but then found the one I lost)
Comet (I bag both a Z and an X for different shots)
Judge (I have 4 for putting practice and would like to get more)

So many...

Whatnot still bag I have more than say 5, itb or on the shelf as a replacement, crave, trace, pilot, tesla, matrix, and photon

I have a bin (20 or discs) of each of the "core" molds in my bag:

Pure
Comet
Roc3
Patriot
Teebird
Firebird
Valk

If I could only carry 6 discs, these would be the ones. And I carry each in different stages of wear in my bag.

And then have atleast 5 backups for the rest of the "staple" molds in my bag that don't come in and out:

Spike
Envy
Zone
Justice
Trident
Orc
Thunderbird
Destroyer

I like to have multiples of pretty much everything I throw. I would have cognitive dissonance to only have 1 of something - it's like, if a mold works well for me, why don't I have the same thing but a little less/more stable? Or a backup? Even if I don't bag the multiple, it feels good to have a reserve.

KC Aviars - 20+
Rocs - 100+
Eagles - 20+
Teebirds - 5+
Firebirds - 20+
Destroyers - 20+

Oddball molds totaled up is maybe 30.
I dont see the point of trying every new mold that comes out to see if it will take the place of something I have. My bag has been set for 5+ years and it has worked perfectly for me.

My 10 year bag was Destroyer, Firebird, Wraith, Voodoo with 20 discs in those 4 molds. I don't cycle. Only variation was type of plastic - all max weight.

My new cart that I'm building will have more molds and weights. Right now I have 2 of most molds - Axis, Vector, Envy all max weight. Tesla, Photon in multiples in 153, 163. Got 1 resistor but think I'll swap it for a couple low 160s fireballs. I like to always have a backup and multiples for driving practice.

Molds I've purchased with the intent of carrying 2 or more at the same time:
Wizards
Challengers
Scales
DX Roc
Demons (probably going to take the beat up one out)

Not sure if these count, being different plastic
XS (Elite[Pre-X] and Z)
Predator (X and Z)
Beast (Dx and Champ)

I've got backups of several molds that I've picked up for cheap, but I consider those different.

Last edited:
Aviar 40+
Wizard 20+
Roc 80+ mostly ching rocs and 11x
Ce jls 30+
Teebird 30+
Fd 10+
Firebird 9
Wraith 10+
Destroyer 30+

Discs I have owned multiples of at the same time:

Mercy
Dagger
Gauntlet
Judge
Magic
(tried several putters before picking Mercies)
Gator
Roc3
Buzzz
Rival
FD
PD
Firebird
Wraith
Destroyer
Nuke

I like to have multiples of pretty much everything I throw. I would have cognitive dissonance to only have 1 of something - it's like, if a mold works well for me, why don't I have the same thing but a little less/more stable? Or a backup? Even if I don't bag the multiple, it feels good to have a reserve.

Yep. I have multiples of everything in my bag

So, what molds have you purchased more than 2 of, specifically trying to cycle discs or have similar replacements?

Basically everything in my bag. And I'm normally not one to buy tour series stuff, but even got a backup doombird fd3 in case I lose my bagged one.

A couple of utility discs I don't have more than 1 backup on hand, specifically the mongoose and mortar. I have literal stacks of outlaws, eagles, ghosts, and grid aviars. I tend to buy one or two if I can find a shape/feel I like. Last time I bought multiples, it was 9 new dx color glow grid aviars, and a mixed lot of well loved grid/mcpro aviars from a friend. I even have multiples of discs I really like but don't throw anymore (HL terns, sPDs, M4s, comets) I really only spend my disposable income on discs, which makes it easy to pick up a couple every week.

Last edited:
All the discs in my bag. I always buy putters in pairs or a larger quantity. I have a bunch of Teebirds, but I'm currently not bagging it

I was once told by a very wise man with a 4 digit PDGA number, "if you have a disc you like and you only have one, your really don't have none"

So I buy several of any run I dig if possible fiscally and inventory holds up.

Warhorse-7
Kahu- 6
Flare-6
Stag-6
Justice-4
Bard-6
Warship- 2
Stego-5
Swan 2-10

I am a back upper too..

Envy- 20ish
Comet - 12 ish