• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was Your First Ace?

Im not even gonna lie but I still to this day havnt had an ace, soooooo many chain hits from tee though, Ill never be happy with my game untill I get one! Ive had the "close to perfect" throws, I just need a little bit of the luck, and it is a little bit of luck for you people who judge skill on # of aces someone's had

Well, I have no idea how many aces I had back in the 80's. I know there were a few, but not that many (I'd guess like 5). I never really looked at it as something to keep track of. But since I started playing again in the last couple of months (yes, after an 18 year lay off, LOL) I had my first ace yesterday. It was at the new course in our area, Haslet Community Park, Haslet, TX, hole #9, during the first time I played it. Funny thing is, I actually nicked the chains the second time around and the shot looked identical.

There is something to the mental side of things in all sports. You did it, therefore it is possible to do it again, and you have the mental image to copy it by.

So I guess I will start counting these from now on.

That's 1. :D

My first basket ace was in 2001 on the University of Idaho campus, hole #2. I was attending Washington State University, and used to play this course every Sunday after a LONG weekend of drinking. It wasn't very long but quite technical. The hole was located in between two massive brick building right on campus. I was very happy considering I had gotten close several times.

Hole 4 @ Redwood Curtain

I got my first ace the day before yesterday, 06/09/08 7:11pm at the Redwood Curtain here in Arcata, CA, on hole 4. For those not in the know hole 4 curves to the right, around a big burned out stump. I threw my 148 Archangel straight and hard with a tiny bit of Anhyzer it curved perfictly around and slamed into the tonepole with a mighty clang:eek:. I ran around the corner and some guys that were putting on 9 said they saw it slam. I was never so happy to have other people on the course. This was 3 years in the making, after so many close calls and near misses it was an amazing feeling to hear it hit that pole, probably the most beutifull sound I have ever heard or ever will (till the next one).

Now that's interesting, a tone pole ace. Do you all count object course aces?

I got my first ace today!!! It was on an object course though, the course is in a big wooded hilly gravel pit near my house, It was about a 300 ft. throw from one hill top to the other, with a small canyon like drop off in between the 2 hills, the hole is a double linked fence with a "5" spray painted on a piece of wooded inbetween the fence (it sounds like chains when you hit it) I hit it right on the "5". I still wont count this as a legitimate ace I guess since it wasnt a basket but its the closest ive gotten and ill take it!

thanks, I thought it was gonna be a little short at first but then my 150 star valk hit a nice wind pocket and it hit

Still without an ace.... Hit chains for the first time yesterday, basically wide open about 250-275 feet my heart dropped as it hit but then was spit out.

of course no one was around lol

Still without an ace.... Hit chains for the first time yesterday, basically wide open about 250-275 feet my heart dropped as it hit but then was spit out.

of course no one was around lol

Don't feel bad. I have been playing for a year now and I still haven't gotten one either.

My first ace was on March 4th 2003 @ Oshtemo Park hole #8 Long tees, Champion Valykrie, Nice tight fairway drive hits 25' in front of basket, skips into the chains! GLORY!!

Last week was my one-year anniversary of playing... and still no ace. I had my closest call yet this past Sunday on #10 from the blue tees (359') at The LINKS at Quail Valley. A beautiful anny out over the lake with my Champ Monarch looked like it hit chains perfectly... but alas the disc fell outside the tray, not inside. I did manage to sink the 8-inch birdie putt.

ERic

my first and only ace so far is at mendocino high school in california. it was hole #2 and it was pretty easy. we all called it as it skipped right in to the bucket. i have just started really playing regularly and my girlfriend and i have seen 3 first time aces and some huge aces. crazy how when you start putting in some hours at the course what you can see.
thanks have fun discin' folks

I got my first ace way back in 2000 in Ponca City, OK War Memorial Park on hole #8 ~ 240ft. It was a ROC , I still have it somewhere in a box after moving to Stillwater, OK.

I have hit part of the basket on hole 11 at jack lake dgc in WI, 2,3,4,6,7 at south park in hutchinson, mn, 1,2,5,8,9 on sdsu dgc in brookings, sd, 4,7,10,11,13,16 at larson park in brookings, sd. But i have never got an ace. Also, multiple of those holes have been hit more than once.

No ace yet for me either. I have been close a few times. All at Iroquois Park here in Louisville Ky. I have hit metal twice. Once on hole seven (inch or two lower) and once on hole twelve (inch or two higher). Once on hole two I was a foot above the basket but it still looked golden. I almost skipped one in on the practice hole once.

I've only been playing 4 months. About two months into it, my son and I were on #16 at McClain in San Antonio. The hole is 160' dogleg left with a huge oak tree at the apex of the dogleg.

I throw forehand so I flicked an annie with a Buzz FLX, thought "Jeez, this one's got a chance!" and heard the magic sound, CLINK, as it hit the chains and fell into the basket.

My son let out a war hoop and started jumping around, high fiveing me.

I looked at him and said as calmly as I could, "This sh*t is tooooooooooo easy, I gotta go find something to challenge myself with."

Haven't been close since.

Woodpecker

Last edited:
Last week was my one-year anniversary of playing... and still no ace.
ERic
Im at two years and still no ace ... my closest chance came on a skip shot that hit the side of the basket and rolled away ... so close.

Latest posts