• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

Wow, that was a LONG time ago...It was either a Stingray or Sidewinder...those (and an Aviar) were the first ones I owned--I think ;)

3_pack.jpg

LOLZ

I showed up at Oak Grove in Pasadena one day and decided I wanted to play this game so I asked a local where I could get a disc and he pointed me to Alcorn Liquor.

I trucked on up there and scored my first disc, a yellow Innova Wolf. Why? Because I liked the doggie, that's why :)

That disc became my go-to midrange for years, all beat to blazes as it was, until I finally threw it into the creek (open sewer) on #13 at Will Rogers in OKC.

RIP doggie - fly free! (once you get the slime washed off :D )

Bought 3 discs and didn't know what the hell I was doing:
Innova Birdie
Innova Cobra
Aerobie Epic

I traded them off as soon as a realized that they were the worst possible discs to get starting out.

Old worn in T-bird Dx straightest flying disc I have ever thrown, of course I lost it playing one day. The first disc I purchased was a Leopard Dx.

I started with 3 discs:
DX Beast
DX Shark
DX Aviar

I lost the Beast probably within a month, the shark was traded to a friend for something I no longer remember, and the aviar is still with me (its in the stack for noobs to borrow, as a recall its 160 something and I now use 175).
My home course has very thick underbrush and I lost many drivers the first year.

Blue on white 169 DX Roc was the first disc i started to figure out, and the roc has been my only midrange disc, period. they've since altered the mold a bunch of times and i wish i was a buzz addict (i think)

First played with a borrowed DX Orc
First purchased a DX Stingray and a Pro Destroyer.
BAD decision on the Destroyer cause I had no idea how to throw it.

Latest posts