• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the funniest activity you've seen at a dgc?

hognosesucker

Birdie Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
So, twice (once at Plamann in Appleton WI, and once at Lincoln Park in Springfield IL) I've seen people playing live action roleplaying games while playing disc. It's so funny to see people attacking each other with foam weapons. I laughed my a$$ off for like 5 minutes both times. Anyone seen anything similarly hilarious?

Hole #2 in Murray Ky is right next to a stage for outdoor live activities and concerts. There were these to guys beating the heck out of each other with jousting sticks and swords. All dressed up like King Arthor and the Knights of the Round Table. You could hear the hits all over the course.
Played at Muse park, TN yesterday and saw lots of opened empty prophylactic(rubbers)packages.
Didn't get to see the action but if anyone did that would have to be hilarious. I mean, exactly what are they using those Innova Disccatchers for?

Banging the chains takes on a whole new meaning. :)

Mesker Park in Evansville, IN sits right next to a zoo. There is a wooded area that borders the course, but the animals can still be heard. Talk about distractions...esp on the last 4 holes haha

After our ace pot throw off at a tournament a couple of weeks back, some brilliant souls decided to have another unofficial CTP at the same basket. The catch was that you threw your shot from a fast spinning merry-go-round.

i've seen a wedding before, parties, a cross country race

Mesker Park in Evansville, IN sits right next to a zoo. There is a wooded area that borders the course, but the animals can still be heard. Talk about distractions...esp on the last 4 holes haha

I bet you get some interesting smells that go along with playing that course also.

So, twice (once at Plamann in Appleton WI, and once at Lincoln Park in Springfield IL) I've seen people playing live action roleplaying games while playing disc. It's so funny to see people attacking each other with foam weapons. I laughed my a$$ off for like 5 minutes both times. Anyone seen anything similarly hilarious?

They do this at my local course too...right in the middle of the fairway. I just give them a heads up and they all watch as I tee off. If I have a bad drive going at them, they can just use thier shield to protect themselves.:D

i wonder if there is a forum for the 'foam fighters' and they are like 'today in our war we saw some retards throwing little frisbees into a chain bucket, what stupid stupid people.'

I've seen lots of sexual activity in the parking lots of DGC's.
Sylmar CA (old course). Hole 1 used to be in the parking lot... saw a dude pleasuring his chick orally there from 3 feet away. They must of thought we were crazy when we walked up next to the car and stood there in a 5-sum.
Amarillo TX. Saw a young chick (had to be a prostitute) pleasuring an old man orally. Although, here I was 40' away and could have just mis-interpreted the situation.

Chavez Ridge CA. The course was built on what was the "gay hook-up spot". Essentially random gay dudes would casually meet in this section of the park to "play" in the bushes. That is why they chose to put in a DG course there.. to scare them off. Initially there was some overlap between "hook-up" spot and DG course. There were lots of stories of "moaning" bushes and naked dudes streaking across fairways. I avoided the place all together because of that... I think most so-cal DG'ers still do.
DSCJNKY

i've seen a kid dirt biking on the course, that really pissed me off

Soon as i finished reading this, i checked where you live ,to see if it was Grand Rapids! Every thursday night theres people doing this exact same thing at the course i go to.

The people beating each other with foam weapons is a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). I have a cousin who does it and some groups are quite competitive. They hit really hard and the foam isn't quite as soft as it looks. Type in SCA on youtube and some videos should pop up on it.

i've seen a kid dirt biking on the course, that really pissed me off

On Memorial Day of this year, there was a family having a picnic on the other side of the park, and they kept racing 4-wheelers across the course. We started daring one another to hit the guy with a disc. Nobody took the dare.

The people beating each other with foam weapons is a group called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA). I have a cousin who does it and some groups are quite competitive. They hit really hard and the foam isn't quite as soft as it looks. Type in SCA on youtube and some videos should pop up on it.

I saw some people doing that in the park during the Worlds Biggest Disc Golf Weekend tournament.

seen wedding pics, football games, ultimate fris games, and seen a bunch of groups playing drinking games as they played ... wait that might of been us

So do these people have forums/internet social network?

So do these people have forums/internet social network?

I sure they do. Most of them are heading to the "Texas Renaissance Festival at the end of this month. Its an annual pilgrimage for them, because its the largest Renaissance Festival in the country. I have only been twice, and both times it just seemed like a way to get $100 out of my pocket. I would rather take a Disc Golf road trip.

Here is a link to see what I mean:

http://www.texrenfest.com/home.html

I have seen the same thing on my course, two guys fully dressed in armor. Wooden shields and I think the swords might have been foam, I just know it sounded like they were pretty hard as they hit each other. Just as the other guy said, I checked to see if you lived near me because they also were on hole #2.

Latest posts