• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

In my travels from Detroit to Miami, I've been lucky enough to play quite a few gems along the way. Obvious hits are Idlewild, Mt. Airy, Lincoln Ridge, Perkerson, Westside, Tommy Schumpert, The Claytons, (and Hobbs Farm's is worth the detour off I-75 ;)).

Lesser known courses I've enjoyed along that route:
Athens Regional, Athens TN DGC
Etowah, Cartersville GA
The Tracks, McDonough, GA
Camp Catalpa, Richmond, KY
Whitley Branch Veterans Park, London, KY

Highest rated courses along I-75 and the FL Turnpike (including all of I-95 south of I-26), that I haven't played yet

The Panther, McComb, OH, 3.61, 9 reviews
The Vineyard, Cincy, OH, 3.71, 7 reviews
Devou, Covington, KY, 4.0, 2 reviews
Gatewood, Cartersville, GA 4.0, 2 reviews
JP Moseley, Stockbridge, GA, 4.0, 12 reviews
Northside, Gainesville, GA ; 3.50 29 reviews

In my travels from Detroit to Miami, I've been lucky enough to play quite a few gems along the way. Obvious hits are Idlewild, Mt. Airy, Lincoln Ridge, Perkerson, Westside, Tommy Schumpert, The Claytons, (and Hobbs Farm's is worth the detour off I-75 ;)).

Lesser known courses I've enjoyed along that route:
Athens Regional, Athens TN DGC
Etowah, Cartersville GA
The Tracks, McDonough, GA
Camp Catalpa, Richmond, KY
Whitley Branch Veterans Park, London, KY

Highest rated courses along I-75 and the FL Turnpike (including all of I-95 south of I-26), that I haven't played yet

The Panther, McComb, OH, 3.61, 9 reviews
The Vineyard, Cincy, OH, 3.71, 7 reviews
Devou, Covington, KY, 4.0, 2 reviews
Gatewood, Cartersville, GA 4.0, 2 reviews
JP Moseley, Stockbridge, GA, 4.0, 12 reviews
Northside, Gainesville, GA ; 3.50 29 reviews

how can you try to convince someone hobbs and claytons are worth someones time

im seriously wondering

how can you try to convince someone hobbs and claytons are worth someones time

im seriously wondering

Maybe I'm missing something, but I'll take your post at face value.

Hobbs is just a wonderful disc golf course. Somehow it's managed to find its way to top rated in GA, ahead of all 3 at IDGC and NGCT.

I hear Claytons has undergone some changes since I played, but it was a well balanced course that featured a nicely wooded front 9 with good elevation, and an open back 9 with some good elevation, full time dual pins, and a signature finishing hole. If changes have left it significantly less than that, I can't say, but my reviews speak for themselves.

If you wouldn't recommend those courses to others, I guess we're just not on the same page. If you prefer a beat down that's on you. :\

Perhaps you'd enjoy Summit more than I did. ;)
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/reviews.php?id=824&page=2&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#32537

Last edited:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I'll take your post at face value.

Hobbs is just a wonderful disc golf course. Somehow it's managed to find its way to top rated in GA, ahead of all 3 at IDGC and NGCT.

I hear Claytons has undergone some changes since I played, but it was a well balanced course that featured a nicely wooded front 9 with good elevation, and an open back 9 with some good elevation, full time dual pins, and a signature finishing hole. If changes have left it significantly less than that, I can't say, but my reviews speak for themselves.

If you wouldn't recommend those courses to others, I guess we're just not on the same page. If you prefer a beat down that's on you. :\

Perhaps you'd enjoy Summit more than I did. ;)
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/reviews.php?id=824&page=2&sort=date_desc&mode=rev#32537

i wanted to stop at ngct but didnt have time to weasel that into the route unfortunately

i love a houck design but i did not enjoy hobbs

already have it wishlisted thank you

and feel free to throw out any other suggestions for absolute beat down courses i have that leila course still wishlisted for when im back in the lp

Leila Arboretum is memorable beat down and unique course in cool park.

I recently played Edwards in Northern GA, and its quite well wooded for the distances of the holes. You might also enjoy Handyman Ace Hardware near Dayton, OH.

I recently played Edwards in Northern GA, and its quite well wooded for the distances of the holes. You might also enjoy Handyman Ace Hardware near Dayton, OH.

wishlisted

just wishlisted it thank you and i wanna go back to northern ga in general

wishlisted and i want to do work around the cincinatti/dayton area looks like a decent enough collection in doable distance from each other

Put N GA Canopy Tours (now known as NGCT-original) on your list if you haven't played it yet. It's a little off I-75 but totally worth the drive!

Last edited:
I was lucky enough to play NGCT with the course designer, Keith Johnson.

Really nice guy. It was great to hear what he had to say about the various holes and his general knowledge of the course.

Always interesting to get the designers' take on things.

Agreed. We met and chatted with the designer of Etowah during a round there. Got some good insight as to why the course was designed that way. I was most curious to know if the tee pads were intentionally made to different sizes (they were. The shorter tees force a "stand and deliver" drive on some holes where runups could be dangerous to your health).

edit: Also, put Etowah on your wish list if any of y'all haven't played it yet. One of my friends likes it better than Idlewild, no chit.

not set in stone yet but I think we're going to Colorado Springs this summer. I'm planning to bring my bag, should have time to get a round or two in and mark another state played on my list.

Boarding a plane in a couple weeks...

Heading to central FL,
not for the happiest (DGW) place on earth. But DG in a place that isn't covered by snow and what-ever that cr@p Mother Nature threw at us this week...

Never heard of "Graupel" in my 59 years of winters...
Don't want to hear about it again...

I hate winter...

Already been to MO, KS, LA and MS bagging courses.

Got more planned trips to MS, KS and MO.

Heading to Vegas at the end of March and plan on knocking out all those new courses since I was last there 15 years ago.

Planning on a quick trip up to Eagles Crossing for course #1500 in a few months if I can.

No tournaments,

elmexdela has been very clear that he favors wooded tracks over any park style or open golf. Handyman is an excellent suggestion.

Going to the northeast in the fall. Should be a lot of nice courses up there. Definitely going to hit Maple Hill.

More exciting than that is I'm signed up for a doubles tournament with my wife. She's a lefty and I'm a righty so maybe that will give us a competitive edge.

Already been to MO, KS, LA and MS bagging courses.

Got more planned trips to MS, KS and MO.

Heading to Vegas at the end of March and plan on knocking out all those new courses since I was last there 15 years ago.

Planning on a quick trip up to Eagles Crossing for course #1500 in a few months if I can.

No tournaments,

weasel up to hanna hills and dragon ridge in central mo

elmexdela has been very clear that he favors wooded tracks over any park style or open golf. Handyman is an excellent suggestion.

im biased for sure

yup i got handyman in the back of my head to remember

thank you

i wanna make a trip out to cinci and tear up the cinci and dayton area so many courses around there

Latest posts