• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which basket would you like to see at a course?

What basket would you like to see at your course

• Total voters

Chucktown

Eagle Member
Hey guys, I am thinking of donating some baskets to a park near me to add on to the already great course. What kind should I get, I read up a little bit on on the usual baskets that I find at the parks around me. So please keep in mind when you are voting the durability, size( width of basket and chains), price, and chain number.

Roc1time, why do you like the Discatchers? I read that they are actually the narrower baskets by an inch, the basket width is 26" and the chain is 22" wide. Most of the others are an inch wider in each category. I realize thats not much but every bit counts. I do like the yellow tops though, makes them easy to find.

Mach V: catchiest baskets made by far. Almost never spits out and not as sensitve to being a little off to right or left as most.

Roc1time, why do you like the Discatchers? I read that they are actually the narrower baskets by an inch, the basket width is 26" and the chain is 22" wide. Most of the others are an inch wider in each category. I realize thats not much but every bit counts. I do like the yellow tops though, makes them easy to find.

Cause if you hit the chains the putt will stick. I know that guys are going to say they have spits on discatchers, but from what I have seen when I putt and also when others have putted as well, the discatcher is where its at. They have less spits then other baskets that I have seen. I dont have numbers to back that up just what I have seen on the course.

I like the Discatcher's b/c of the yellow tops. It makes them easy to see and look less like barbeques (can't stress that part enough). But, I had to vote for Discraft's b/c I've seen some fairly newish Discatchers with some spotty welding/assembly.

That could just be a bad run. I have played many course with OLD discatchers that are still in great shape over the years.

Mach III for me. Discatchers I am just not into with that yellow band at top. It seems that on a Mach III the putt would go in rather than hit that top yellow band and go out. I just seem to putt a lot better on Mach IIIs.

Mach III for me. Discatchers I am just not into with that yellow band at top. It seems that on a Mach III the putt would go in rather than hit that top yellow band and go out. I just seem to putt a lot better on Mach IIIs.

See this just proves its all mental

Then why did you vote for the Mach II?
But you are very correct, the very best basket is def. the Mach III. By FAR.

I prefer the DGA stuff.
Admittedly, the Innova's have better visibility, but the DGA stuff seems to hold putts better, and definitely seem to hold up to more punishment and abuse.

I really like the Innovas... not just the Yellow Chastity belt, but different colors too. Munden Point near VA Beach has two pin placements. The short Yellows and the long Reds. It makes the baskets so easy to see.

I haven't personally noticed problems with the catching ability of the of the Innova's either... as long as they have the multiple sets of chains and aren't the single chain model that is.

Latest posts