• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which basket would you like to see at a course?

What basket would you like to see at your course

• Total voters
I like the Discatcher fine, but the Mach V is the cat's meow. When I see the photos of that orange powder-coated Mach V on the dga website, I think I literally begin to salivate. I also like the way they put that bright colored band on their poles. It's something you can add to any basket you like, but it's classy that they come with it. The old-fashioned Mach III (or the original Mach II) really aren't my style.

Yep, the new Titans are heavy duty for sure. Someone told me that they aren't PDGA approved though. Anybody know for sure?

This 5 minute edit sucks.
Anyway, the DGA Mach III cost 60 to 70 dollars more than the Mach V or the Discatcher Pro so that proves my point, if it costs that much more, it has to be that much better!

Not on the approved list, which by the way is here:
http://www.pdga.com/tech-standards

That document also has the approved baskets' measurements/specs.

The reason it is not approved is because the outside diameter it too large due to the fact it is made out of 5/8in steel Vs 1/4 or 3/5in on other baskets. The inside diameter where the discs lands is the same but for some reason the PDGA uses outside diameter and not the inside.

They are some awesome baskets but of the common ones Discatchers are the most consistent for sure. When playing on Machs I expect to get spit at some point but with the Discatchers I don't which also helps the confidence. I have played on baskets that were so bad I started missing 20fters because I was scared of putting like normal.

The most unprofessional aspect of our sport is the equipment we plan on- Ken Climo

I bet I have seen $10,000 total lost by players due to a bad spit that cost them the event.

I've been debating trying to make my own basket with a shopping cart. Once I buy chain frmo home depot, do ya'll think rubbing sand paper across them would help grab discs a little more?

I voted DISCatcher and Mach V. I like the DISCatcher for everything BUT the yellow band on top.

I didn't vote because I honestly can't decide.

Early on I would have said Discatchers all the way because that is what pretty much every course around here uses.

But since I've branched out and played other courses with DGA baskets (sans Chastity Belt) I can't really tell which are better.

I think I might be with the people who say that the Discatchers big rim gets in the way, but I'm so familiar with them that its hard not to like them.

I guess I'll throw at anything and be happy.

Either the Mach 3, Mach V, or DISCatcher. the Chainstar is like the discatcher except without the yellow band and the Mach 2 is more of a recreational basket. Go for the pro baskets.

wheres the love for Gateway Titans? not that im voting for them but hey.

Either the Mach 3, Mach V, or DISCatcher. the Chainstar is like the discatcher except without the yellow band and the Mach 2 is more of a recreational basket. Go for the pro baskets.

gotta have the yellow band!!!!! :)