• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Which slot in your bag has changed the least?

I went on a journey of discovery with Putters and settled on the Pure, that hasn't changed in a long time.

Other long timer is the Volt, my best disc for a forehand flick out of trouble.

Longest running disc in my bag has been a destroyer. Always have one. Second would be my DX beast, I don't know if it counts as I lose them like crazy on the water holes here but its always replaced by another. Its a disc I love and can make it do just about anything off the tee. Downside is its wind fighting capability. Little gust of wind and out in the drink she goes.

I think the disc that filled one specific slot for the longest in my time playing has to be an Eagle. I carried Eagles for about 6-7 years. Still have a soft spot in my heart for them.

My OS Utility disc (Firebird) and Putter (Wizard) are the slots that've changed the least in my bag over the years . I've had a Champ Firebird in my bag since I started throwing 13 years ago and one form or another of Wizards pretty much since they've been out

From the first time I picked up a Roc 7 years ago, I haven't played a round without at least one (except for Zephyr-only or putter-only rounds).

straight, anny, slight hyzer is still my sidewinder. first disc ever and still use it. But I prefer star unless it's a 150 champ.

Yeti Aviars 4 lyfe! That said, I always have a couple of Roc/Ghosts and Teebird/Rivals in the bag. I have moved over to the Legacy molds recently because I like the plasic better, but I consider them the same discs so I don't count that as changing.

The Northman just went into my bag for the first time about 2 months ago, but I suspect it will be there for a long time to come. It just does what I want it to off the tee.

The opposite of this question for me is the overstable mid slot. I have been bouncing around on that slot for years. Bard, Hornet, Wasp, Suspect, Trident, Gator, M1, etc. I have tried soo many discs for that slot and I just keep looking around. I picked up a Honey this weekend, so maybe that will finally be the one that gets me to stop trying new plastic constantly.

From the first time I picked up a Roc 7 years ago, I haven't played a round without at least one (except for Zephyr-only or putter-only rounds).

You are also unlikely to see me ever without a 1.1 QOLF or two, at least until the world runs out of them.

I can't even answer this question in good faith. I've been a mold changing whore ever since I started. The comet has popped up in my bag pretty consistently over time, however, and I can't imagine not throwing it moving forward - I've learned my lesson. So I guess for me it would be the neutral mid slot?

Maaaaaaayyybe?

no matter how much I try to find replacements for my Champion Terns (1.5years), it has been in my bag the longest.

2nd is the PD (year), Destroyers (year), and finally the P2 (year).

I'm coming up on two years of play and am down to 7-8molds (and 15-18 discs depending on the course if there's water hazards).

I don't know why I try to drop the terns, (actually its because I want something a little bit more OS) when its the disc I know inside and out.

Firebird has been in the bag since I got my first maybe in 2010.
Gator since 2010 also. Started with DX and got a Champ in 2013 - been in the bag since.
Rocs (of some type - have thrown DX, KC, and Champ/Pro Roc3s) have probably been in the bag since 2012.

I kinda like trying to remember this stuff...

My early bag was all over the place, but when I finally figured out slots it was in '95 and it went:
Putter: Aviar
Mid: Roc
Driver: Cyclone
Turnover Driver: Stingray (yes, I'm so old I played when the Stingray was a driver :eek: )
Overstable Driver: X-Clone

My bag has a lot more slots now and a lot more molds than I carried back then, but Rocs and Cyclones are still in the bag. Rocs I pretty much use the same as I did then. The slot the Cyclones are in has moved from primary go-to driver to stable control driver, so I don't rely on them nearly as much as I did 20 years ago.

The Banshee took over the overstable driver slot from the X-Clone when it came out ('97? '98?) and has been in the bag for a long, long time as well. I've thrown Sentinels for a long time as well but I have no idea when I actually put them in the bag and left them there. Comets I've thrown since '95 but they are a constant in-out-in-out love/hate thing.

Avairs come back every now and again. I love Aviars. I love Wizards more, but I love Aviars too much to never have them in the bag. They just are not a constant thing like Rocs, Sentinels, Cyclones and Banshees are.

Really, other than my constant putter tinkering the slower end of my bag is pretty constant. Once you get past the control drivers into the distance drivers, the discs change almost as often as my underwear. The slow stuff is pretty set, though.

Teebird slot! Really the fairway driver slot period. But Ive been throwing Teebirds for over a decade. My understable fairway is the Patriot which has been in the bag since it's release day...and before that was Leopards which are simply an inferior Patriot anyway.

My Fairway drivers haven't changed in two years. xXx, St Pros and Stags

Firebird and KC Aviar.

This is me. Except I haven't had my firebird as long. But it's the one disc I don't ever see myself taking out of my bag. Other than the KC Pro Aviar, it's my Z Nuke. I know I didn't start playing with either but I can't remember how far back I started throwing them either. I know I've been throwing them longer than any other discs in my bag. I just can't remember which one I started with first.

Champ Firebird (my original is at the point that I am starting to throw backhand some, so I may have to cycle in a new one)
Judge (no longer my putting putter, but I still love to throw them)
Rhyno (I like gummy Stars, but occasionally have a Dx in the bag also)

Latest posts