• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has the most aces?

I actually bought a surveying wheel specifically for that purpose. I LOVE that course, I play it at least twice a week. The only problem is the majority of the shots are up & down hills across creeks so I'm not sure how accurate of measurements I could get.

Also, only 1 ace for me.

You can use GPS measurements (I think they have phone apps) also take a partner and measure with a range finder to back up your measurements.

I havent played Bart (Bartholemew :)) in nearly a year. I dont see the point to when Northtown is less than 10 minutes away and actually has all 18 baskets in a decent neighborhood. I do like the different tee shots that are available there though, and respect it for being one of the oldest courses in Texas.

I have 15 aces but the cool thing is I have

1 forehand ace 251 feet
1 thumber skip ace 200 feet
1 roller ace 240 feet
2 tourney aces 240 and 320 feet
12 RHBH aces.

Lots of diversity there.

I would love to see a roller ace.

only 12, though one was a tourney ace. Good thing it hit the chains, if it had missed it was in the red river for sure. Just another example how some aces are bad shots gone lucky and others are good shots gone great.

You can use GPS measurements (I think they have phone apps) also take a partner and measure with a range finder to back up your measurements.

I'll do both GPS & survey wheel and then see how much discrepancy there is between the two.

Also one question is on holes where the fairway is a long curve do you measure along the center of the fairway or straight line distance (even if that straight line isn't a possible golf line)?

I havent played Bart (Bartholemew :)) in nearly a year. I dont see the point to when Northtown is less than 10 minutes away and actually has all 18 baskets in a decent neighborhood. I do like the different tee shots that are available there though, and respect it for being one of the oldest courses in Texas.

If you haven't been to Bart in a year then you should check it out and see how much they cleaned it up. A ton of trees and brush along the creek got removed and they've been keeping it mowed lately. It plays like a completely different course now, really opened up a lot of shots.

I'll do both GPS & survey wheel and then see how much discrepancy there is between the two.

Also one question is on holes where the fairway is a long curve do you measure along the center of the fairway or straight line distance (even if that straight line isn't a possible golf line)?

If you haven't been to Bart in a year then you should check it out and see how much they cleaned it up. A ton of trees and brush along the creek got removed and they've been keeping it mowed lately. It plays like a completely different course now, really opened up a lot of shots.
Interesting. I almost went this past saturday with booter, but didnt want to get done with our round and find that the mercedes we came in was broken into :/

url

:clap: :clap: :clap:​

Mr. Fish, i expect that woman in my chamber, with that same shat-eating grin on her face, in the next 24 hours.

your street cred will deplete if you let me down.

I have a bunch. I lost track, didn't know they were a big deal when I started playing. Most are on short holes.

Only hit one last year, #17 long pin on the Beaver at Lester Lorch 350' uphill.
Hit one last night at Alex Clark #2 long pad 330' and took the $84 ace pot, too bad it got hit last week.

I wore my 5 fingers for a round of golf for the first time last night and aced.... goofy shoes but I will wear them for another round.

I played our newest course in Richmond today. I warmed up in the field waiting on friends. They got there and we went to hole one. Z Nuke skip ace. 310ft. It was my 1st of the year.

23 so far with more to come this weekend at the 1st annual so-cal meetup.
1 is a 3x wasp. There's like 5-7 trades from here in this pic.
IMG_0017.JPG

Yeah Joe! I was just gonna post that I thought you had quite a few. How many of those are from Truckee course? I'm yet to get one at Truckee, Hole 2 kills me that I can't ace it, been so close so many times.

I'm only at one, but it was a sweet shot on a very difficult hole. Hole 13 at Condon park in Grass Valley, CA for those who know it.