• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World champ ignored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And from a practical standpoint for sponsors, the guy who installs even one course is more important to the sport and disc manufacturers than any player who wins one title. The course developer costs them less and earns them more income. But how often do you see course developers touted on sponsor web pages when he installs a new course?

While I, as a course designer, agree with that statement...
Innova still needs to give Paul his due and hook him up with some pub, a signature disc... and, if they're smart, a life-long contract.
DSCJNY

I have to wonder what these sponsored players really bring to the table for the disc manufacturers. I mean, MVP doesn't sponsor any top pros, do they? And yet they appear to be well respected by this community and seem to do be doing decently overall in terms of sales, particularly for such a new company. Why bother sponsoring anyone?

I have to wonder if Mike C. hasn't sold just as many discs for MVP due to his posts in this forum and his videos on YouTube as Paul McBeth will sell for Innova as a result of his win at worlds. I'll freely admit that I went out and bought an Ion as a direct result of Mike's effusions...

I'm guessing the difference between Discraft and Innova in this case is only the Innova web guy actually played in Worlds and probably had a lot to catch up with yesterday. And from a practical standpoint for sponsors, the guy who installs even one course is more important to the sport and disc manufacturers than any player who wins one title. The course developer costs them less and earns them more income. But how often do you see course developers touted on sponsor web pages when he installs a new course?

Just threw 18 holes out in a wide open city park.......thanks manufacturers!!!

C'mon Chuck quality is necessary at some point.....we need designers better than yourself or Houck.......and there are many with the potential yet most are stuck trying to make ends meet on tour.

Olse is one.....and a few others, although they are not the ones who were ripping the courses this past week. With that said if MPO never played Hornet's nest I would have been upset as well.

How about, most of the guys I play with, that have been playing for multiple years, don't even know who Paul McBeth is...Put his name on a disc though, and people will be googling him in no time, and then when they see how talented he is, they'll be all about Innova. Bad marketing by Innova IMO...

Makes sense, why wouldnt they put an average golfer who also happens to be a stunning 7.5632/10 on the hotness scale on their site asap and leave PMB hangin, pfft seems reasonable...

A 7.5 if you think a stick with ears is hot....I seriously don't see what people see in this girl. Shes a model...big whoop

Still doesn't explain the delay

Could be 'cause the web dude is in Charlotte until Sunday when he flies back across the continent to CA, drags into work late on Monday bleary-eyed and jet lagged and has a stack of stuff to do since he's been out for the last week or so. Tuesday's not bad under those circumstances.

A 7.5 if you think a stick with ears is hot....I seriously don't see what people see in this girl. Shes a model...big whoop

I agree, I saw her walking around the Majestic in some tiny white dress. I didn't even know who it was at the time and I thought she almost looked too skinny. I agree with you there. But hey, everybody is attracted to different things, so whatever. Cute girl, just not what I am attracted to and there is nothing wrong with that. And I would say she is above "average" considering she has placed or won several events in Advanced Women.

Regardless what anyone thinks of her, she is in a unique position to help the sport should she be motivated to do so. She has the potential to expose the sport to different sponsors / people. Now I don't have this grand illusion that she will make it more mainstream because *gasp* there is a model playing DG! But she is probably more "well known" in media circles than any of the sport's touring pros and that might count for something.

That said, I don't think Innova is any less equipped to update their website than any of the other DG manufacturers / sponsors that they can't get their website updated for McBeth. It should be done by now. It really is not that hard to do this sort of thing if you put any effort into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.