• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Yeti Pro Aviar

Got my Yeti (and C-PD2) in the mail yesterday. The flight plate is extremely concave, more so than any other I'd fondled in my local shop. Does the fact that it's 170g instead of the 175's I felt contribute to its super concave top?

^^^ same here... i have been using old dx small bead aviars for most of the time i have played then i picked a couple of these up and havent looked back..was wanting to try a non OOP putter since the small beads hurt my wallet and the yeti has been working great..still only been a month or so but loving it so far

^^this^^

would love to hear a yeti review from a small bead aviar thrower. I have a few Omega AP 1.20s and a couple SS rpros, I really like the flight of both, but prefer the firmness of the APs, just not the price tag.

I handled one yesterday on the course. Really felt like my BB Aviars to me. I don't think the concave top makes it feel lower profile. When I think low profile putters, I think of things like XDs and Zones.

This is my new putter. I've always had issues with a clean release with Aviars, Ions, and thicker profile putters. Had been using an XD for quite awhile.. but I think this hits the sweet spot for being relatively more thin, but with much better glide. It's a great disc... it's so nice to see discs being refined... just tiny tweaks make such a big difference.

from my experience handling four or five in the store the concavity is not at all in relation to the weight. some are just more concave than others.

Traded for one, and it is The Nutz. It feels exactly like what I was hoping: a lower-profile JK Pro Aviar. The concave top makes it feel more like a DX Aviar, but the stability is closer to a BB Aviar. This is probably the only putter I will ever need (though I am holding onto my DX's until the Yeti's start to beat in).

me too guys..im trying to stock up on the concave ones..i cant remember but i think it was booter who said that this run wasnt supposed to be as concave as they turned out to be..and im loving the concave so hope it doesnt change but if so im trying to get them while i can :thmbup:

Im not sold yet.. its a great thrower and ive also been testing it for falling putts. But other than that my number one's, still my number one!

I will never need another putter. It might take me a while to beat the first one in enough to take over my beat-up DX Aviar, but when that happens, I will be down to only one putter mold for the first time since I put a second putter in my bag.

Thank you Jay Reading.

yeah so far i have been using mine mostly just for putting and lil ups but have been throwing them more and more from the box and loving it...never thought id find a putter to get me away from the small beads but after a few months now i dont see going back :)

I loved the old Omegas and I currently use "older" JK's. Was thinking about trying out a Yeti but read they were not very durable.

To those that have been throwing them awhile now...how are they holding up?