• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your current distance goal

Distance goal?

• Total voters
I am really trying to get my FH up to 500ft. I've done it three times but it was kind of flukey with a tailwind. Usually I can count on 420-440 and will hit 450+ maybe 2-3 times a month but if I could reach back for 500 that would be killer.

Trying to refine my hyzerflipping to get there. I usually throw a very stable disc on an anny line to get max D but have started throwing less stable discs on a hyzerflip line and can throw 400 hardly trying, I just tend to roll it if I put much more on it.

Backhand I've finally worked up to 400ft and I may have some more in the tank, would
Really like to get to 450. But I will take 400+ from both sides for now.

Ive been working more on my FH lately. Its super sad. Upshots with a putter, np. I only get about 275-300 on most, prolly a few in the 330 range. Its a pain!

I'm at the 420ish wall right now. I know I'm only a few adjustments away from a consistent 450. So 500 is the real goal. I don't think getting to 450 will be hard, I think the jump from there is going to take a ton of work

Oh, and I'd kill for an accurate 300 forehand

I'm at 380-390' pretty consistently with Destroyers right now. When I'm playing a lot, it might bump up a little bit. I was throwing over 400' pretty consistently mid-summer. But even a little break in playing, and I'm back to 380'.

If I could hit that 400' mark consistently I would be happy. I just don't really see it happening, I am never going to practice consistently enough.

Dang ya'll, being injured my current distance goals don't even make it into the poll options :doh:

But once healed, I'm pretty close to getting 350' on a variety of lines (FH and BH)...some more consistent than others. I think that working to be more confident and versatile w/ my BH in the range I already have will be more beneficial to my game than strictly trying for more distance, although hopefully it's all related in the end.

Also, when it comes to raw distance without regards to how it impacts my scores, I can always lie on the internet! :hfive:

300', mainly because of a certain 295' hole that I could reach a few years ago, and would like to again. The first 250' are a water carry and, as I decay, it's distressingly swallowing more and more of my drives.

Though immediately, I'm going to go out this weekend and try to hit 20'. My first attempt will probably reveal that my Injury-of-the-Month hasn't healed yet, but I'm going to try.

I started playing late in life, at age 52, also being old, slow, and overweight doesn't help much. I would love to throw 300 consistently, I hit 300 occasionally now. Out of the 70 courses I've played, most holes are under 500', (some have outrageous holes, like UAH in Huntsville, Hole 9 is 1195 Par 5). Therefore, if I can hit an accurate 300' drive, it leaves me with an upshot I feel comfortable with, and can generally park my 2nd shot, leaving an easy 3. This is great for shooting Par, but makes it difficult for those easy deuces.

I am a firm believer that accuracy will trump distance MOST of the time. I would much rather have a 300' drive in the middle of the fairway, than a 400' drive that is off in the woods somewhere. I've come to realize PAR is good, Birdies are nice, but if I am shooting Par golf, then I am a happy camper. I won't win any tournaments, but I work almost every Saturday, so tournies aren't conducive to my work schedule.

With all that being said, it would be nice to launch a 500 footer on level ground, but realistically, I doubt I will ever attain that distance. Maybe in a few more years.....hopefully.

Last edited:
My goal is 300. I've broke it a handful of times years ago, but doubt it ever happens again. Having a degenerative muscle condition which means slow "rapid muscle movement" bad balance that basically makes me a stand and deliver-er. I don't mind that much though. I rarely play tournaments, and the rec division is usually more fun anyway.

Last edited:
I would love to hit 500' on open drives, and 450 consistently, right now I am maxing out around the 430-450 mark and consistent up to 380-400.

Sadly, I've lost distance this year. I was at 350' this time last year and my goal was 400'. I would be happy to be back to 350' at this point. With most holes being shorter than that, only a few would truly be out of birdie range and I could still put up a decent game. Getting older is not fun. I need to get a good exercise routine going again.

450' on command BH. Can do about 400' BH and FH currently. Would love to have a 400' spike hyzer

Back hand: I have no goal I can get them over 400' with ease no reason to try harder.

Forhand: distance to 400' and more accuracy

Distance: getting putters to go 300' on consistant lines.

I'm happy with my average distance right now. I can compete and do well in the masters division, grandmasters next year. I don't compete in distance contests so at this stage of the game I want to maintain what I have and work more on my consistency.

What sucks about distance is I was consistently throwing 425-450 before I had rotator cuff surgery. Now (6 months post-op) I am finally getting my timing and snap back, but am only sitting at the 400 mark. Some scar tissue is prohibiting the length of my reach back and I feel that it is hindering my distance potential. I may never fully recover, so I need to make up for it with better form. A long road ahead for me, but I will be back to the 425-450 mark sooner or later. Plus I was an avid gym guy before, but have not been able to workout as much lately. Getting back into the gym and improving my overall fitness will help out as well.

Current goal is 350 with good accuracy. I'm right around 300-325 with good accuracy now. Ultimate goal, I'd be real happy with 400.

This. If I could hit 375 every time with good accuracy, that's all I would ever need. Right now I am real accurate to about 330, but don't push past 350 consistently. I have no intention of ever throwing significantly over 400 consistently; the practice time involved is not worth it to me. The extra 50-75 ft doesn't mean much for scoring. I would rather spend my practice time on upshots and putts.

Still sitting at around 350' consistently with my PDs. Occasionally I've hit it just right on a turnover distance line with a Tern or Katana and gotten out to 400'. But that the farthest I've ever thrown.

Goal: to get up to 380' on average golf lines with the PD and consistently break 400' on distance lines. I'm working on it! The plan is to spend all winter in the field.

Latest posts