• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Your excuse for not playing today

Martin Dewgarita

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Anybody have any good ones besides it's too cold or snowy or dark? Let's hear it.

Oh and those of you that got out today :hfive:

Last edited:
I did play Sat and Sunday, but my brother broke up with his girlfiend [not misspelled] of a year yesterday, so we went out to celebrate. :D
So----I was too hungover to play today. :eek:

But I already have plans to play tomorrow. :thmbup:

Good enough? For whom? I'm happy just to swap stories.

My septic froze yesterday, spent this morning attempting to thaw it. No luck yet, I'm confident I'll get it tomorrow. Now I suit at work (came in late, gotta stay late), filtering 1000 gallons of hard cider.

I may still get out tonight in the 8 inches of fresh snow on the course, we'll see how I feel.

The weather was too nice - sunny and 60F. :) So I waited around the house all day waiting for the HVAC guy to figure out what was wrong with the furnace (only the 3rd time out here) and then wrote him a check. :wall:

Work, kids, wife, dog, making dinner, doing laundry.

Not enough daylight in the winter...

Grad School Concept briefings? I did sit out in the sun to write and got plenty of putting in between words...

I rarely play unless I travel because I really don't like my home course. It is very long, very open, and in one of the windiest parts of the country. I just plain don't enjoy playing there.

Time change would be great...I'm stuck at school as we have to stay late for parent/teacher conferences (although no one has showed up thus far). Even if I did have the evening off, I've been hurt for awhile. I have a bruised rib from my last bail on the snowboard - throwing backhand hurts like hell right now!

I'm still recovering from multiple eye surgeries after being hit in the face a few months back.

I live in one of the snowiest places in America. It's been in the 40s and sunny, but there's still so much snow out there. So that's why I'm about to drive 3 hours to north of Denver just to play disc.

Latest posts