• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Your go to disc for nothing but distance?

I could not throw 500 feet in my dreams.

But for open distance, with tailwind the Daedalus, otherwise probably a Freedom.

I guess it depends on the day....It used to be a Beast or Nuke SS or a tailwind Katana.

Assuming I knew this hole existed ahead of time I'd bring my blizzard katana. I don't carry it normally, nome of the courses I play allow me to go all out and let it take its natural flight.

If I was just using my normal bag I'd probably anny flex an s line dd or throw the wraith the dd just replaced flat. I'm not certain which shot I can get farther yet. The dd is new to me.

Before I'd say a dx Valkyrie but I just found a Gstar mamba where if you hyzer flip it can just fly forever with no effort.

....I'm no getting 500 lol

A Hatchet, followed by another Hatchet. :D

Haha, totally I can dig it. I love hatchets and on average they are about as long as anything else I have in my bag. Freedoms or Terns or something might get out there maybe 20-30 feet further for me but not consistently. Discing down is real. Driver driver on a 500ft hole? You bet.

If I was faced with a wide open 500ft hole though, 90 percent of the time I'm flicking a World or Ballista and then throwing a Pa1 or flicking a Gator 200 feet to park it and make par.

Pure distance I'd use a Pro Valkyrie, but with that said I mostly just throw this disc during field work and rarely get a chance at my wooded home course to let it fully sail. Only gonna get it out to about 360'-375'.

Probably wouldn't be able to get an inside the circle putt on a 500' hole, unless it was downhill of course lol.

In normal conditions, I'm throwing my seasoned S-line DDX on a hyzer flip. I can usually get that disc out to 425'.

Tailwind, my flippy Pro Destroyer would get the call on a big hyzer flip. With the wind at my back, I've seen 450' or more. My biggest drives have come from that disc, been in the bag for 5yrs or more.

Headwind, either an S-line PD or S-line PD2 depending on the wind. Either way, with a headwind I wouldn't be expecting to get more than 350' off the tee in exchange for accuracy.

This is literally one slot in my bag I've never achieved balance with.

Lately I've been doing well with a ballista, but the ddx is probably going to win out anyway. It's just such a good disc.

168 fuzion trespass. I'm fairly acurate out to 450 feet. Can stretch that out a bit with more room and a little tail wind.

Got a new 168g S-DDx as my league year-end gift. Thing BOMMMMBS! I've got a nice stack of DDxs now, but our league director knows what I like and ordered this disc specifically for me. Mold, plastic, weight, and even color! (throw pink) This DDx has a bit less fade in the finish and ends up about 15-20' further than even my worn DDxs consistently. Loving it!

So far with everything I've tried, I'd have to go with my Pro Destroyer on an anny flex line.

It would either be my Deco Dye World or hybrid Trespass, I haven't hit 500 with either but a few throws in the 475-490 range were with those discs.

S pd2 unless i have a boss on me but i normally dont carry that unless its a really long course