• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Your go to disc for nothing but distance?

I've seen Tern mentioned many times and I've thrown about 10 terns in champ plastic and various runs. I like most of the Terns I've thrown in champ.

It can not hold a candle to the 175g Champ Daedalus in my bag right now. It's similar in it's stability, but the speed and glide seem to regularly have it 25' longer than a Tern. High trajectory and flat, it turns flattens and cruises out nicely.

I would be throwing a patent numbers poppy pro Destroyer. They have a great amount of glide and can handle my torque. Some of my furthest throws have been with it.

I don't quite have 500' of power, but I could come close if everything came together and I ripped a driver with everything I have. I'm not talking about rollers here. This would be air distance.

Destiny- This one has as good a shot as any. Great glide. Key would be to not flip it.
Vulcan- Same as above.
Cannon- This one has the speed and glide for the absolute longest drives.
Nuke SS- Hard to throw really hard without flipping, but the Nuke SS is still among the longest drivers out there. I've touched 450' with it on occasion.

I may also reach for a seasoned Champion Boss or Z Nuke.

Basically I'm looking for something with some high speed turn, but also a bit of low speed fade to come back at the end of the flight. Glide too. Glide is essential to getting anywhere near 500'.

I reached 500 ft. It was with a BOLT. It was a sick shot on hole 18 at Blue Ribbon Pines. Cleared the Creek and landed next to the 500 ft sign, I have the picture somewhere. I threw it on a big anny and it held like a hanglider

I reached 500 ft. It was with a BOLT. It was a sick shot on hole 18 at Blue Ribbon Pines. Cleared the Creek and landed next to the 500 ft sign, I have the picture somewhere. I threw it on a big anny and it held like a hanglider

Bolts can be FREAKISHLY long if you're able to keep them from totally turning over and burning. I'd almost put the Nuke SS in this same category. Capable of ridiculous distance, but hard to throw properly to achieve it.

If it happens to be in my bag a champ tern. In my collection at home blank top kings in goldline plastic. And of course some of my bubbly blizzard bosses.

hmm, i'd like to try a bolt.
i think i have once, but forgot how it was.
what weight and plastic are best?

Might be a disc to feel in the store. I have an x out opto that is soft and buttery and flexible I adore the hand feel but all the others I've ever seen were not flexible nor gummy at all and made me hate how it held.

Try a heavy Opto. It'll still be pretty understable, but might also have just enough beef to fade late in flight.

Other plastic Bolts turn over and never come back.

The Tern has become that disc for me - perfect balance of US without being flippy or squirrelly. It needs some lateral space to work its magic, but it truly bombs dor me.

TP Northman.

Possibly TP Underworld, depending on how I've played that day, so far.

Two of my four Colossus' for max distance rhbh. The other two I use for max distance forehands (take "max distance" with a grain of salt as it applies to my forehand)

Airforce Champ and proto GStar are both pretty stable for me and are my go-to for forehands. My newer CFR Champ and the brand new Star fly like faster Katanas or Bolts. Lots of left to right (rhbh) and still enough bite at the end to come back. The Star has less come back at the tail than the Champ. They seem a bit more controllable than most understable drivers that achieve that kind of distance for me but I'm still learning to wrangle them.

previously air sword, starlite valk, blizzard tern.

If roller is not an option, I will throw a max weight pro destroyer hard and flat. let it turn and then fade and have a 100 ft look for birdie.