• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2012 Goals

Increase accurate drives to 400 feet. Expand accurate putting range out to 25 feet.

Small disc golf roadtrip.

Play more than one sanctioned tournament.
Drive 400' consistently on flat ground.
Develop my forehand to a comfortable state.
Quit missing putts inside the circle.

I would like to add about 10 new courses to my courses played list.
Go on a day disc golf trip. (Which i am doing on sunday to Cincinnati with some friends, Idlewild and Mt. Airy here we come)
Increase My D ( D stands for distance, get ur minds out of the gutter)
Improve on my accuracy with drives, mid, and putts by working on my mechanics.

Stay fluid, stay smooth

Redbone out

Goals for 2012:
1. Add 10-15 new courses to the played list.
2. Practice more.
3. Drive RHBH over 300ft consistently.
4. Develop consistent forehand and roller.
5. Play my first tournament.

1. Have fun
2. Hit 3 of the top 25 rated courses in country (for first time)
3. Get played courses list over 100
4. Have a successful season with club events
5. Play 4 sanctioned tourneys
6. Develop a consistent flick and thumber
7. Get one more damn ace

2011 Goals. Keep my rating over 935 (currently 936). Play 5 pdga events. Try and get my courses played to 100. With a baby on the way I'm not sure what role disc golf will play in my life.

Rating is in the 950s. Played 2 events. Courses played was at 97 at the end of the year. 2 herniated discs in my back really put a damper on disc golf last year. Our little man also made tournaments difficult.

2012 Goals. Keep my rating over 950. Get my courses played over 100 and get a 10th state played. I need to put in some work on getting some distance back with my drivers, I'm about 80' short of what I think I can do.

Get my rating above 980.
Move my confidence range in tournaments to anywhere inside the circle
Get less OB strokes than my competitors
Get my first tourney Ace
Make the cash in the Gentlemans Club Challenge and/or the Memorial
Play at least 6 sanctioned events in 2012
Shoot a perfect -9 at my home course more than once (4-5 -8s this year and one -9 with an ace )
Be the highest rated player on Team HyzerBomb
Practice twice as much inside 25' as outside 50'
Don't play any sanctioned events under my rating (only played under my rating on average once)
Make a standstill instructional video that helps other players out

Made the cash at the GCC, and 3 strokes out at the Memorial (bogeyed three easy holes to finish my round)
Been practicing more inside 20', need to now expand confidence to the circles edge.
If my calculations are correct rating will be between 974-6 next update moving me closer to the 980 mark.
Still no progress on a standstill video although my driving confidence is way up after lots of rounds with Pros showing I've got what it takes off the tee in the Open division.

Putting, that is pretty much it. If I could extend my comfort range to 25 feet and be at a moderately high percentage of made putts from 26-40 feet my scores would be under par.

1. Putting needs to get a lot better.
2. Hit 500'
3. More consistent
4. Register for Worlds
5. Actually COMPETE at worlds. None of this just playing crap.

2012 Goals

Improve my putting consistency (very streaky putter)
Finish all the 18 hole courses in Ohio (only 9 to go)
Throw 350 consistently
And the biggest one is to embrace the bad shots. Learn to dig myself out of a hole better. When I play alone with no behind me I'm all about taking mulligans and taking steps out of bushes. I'll still throw again when I'm unhappy with a drive but I'll play the original shot

i need to become more consistent in longer putts

I'll add one more goal. In a tournament round play strongly for 18 holes instead of being streaky. If I can make that happen I have a 1040+ round coming my way.

top 10 every tourny i enter 2012 , new am world champ, get ready for it charlotte.

Last edited:
I posted my goals earlier and am too lazy to find them.
- midrange where I would have thrown a fairway... Working on this. Throwing the roc or a mako on all holes under 300' and hitting them pretty well
- get better in the circle... Been hitting more of the putts but can definitely improve
- play leagues... They start next week
- play in local tournaments... First flight in April
- talk to more DGers on the course... Havnt been too many out there,hopefully the nice weather brings them out tomorrow
- hit 350' consistently... Form is getting better,blizzard wraith is helping the distance

I feel pretty good about 2012

Got a couple goals this year...

Play 25+ courses (13 total now)
Practice my putting
Flick 400+
Backhand 350+
Get down to 200lbs (30 to go...was 275 last year before discing everyday last summer)

I think they are all easily obtainable, the hardest will probably be backhanding 350, I started out flicking and have just recently (past year) gotten into backhand, and am stuck around 200-250.