• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2016 Pro Worlds

I've never liked the injury excuse. Paul and Ricky are both hurt, so that's one thing. But to me, injuries are a part of sports. Did the Warriors lose this year's Finals because of injuries? Curry had a bum ankle/knee, Andre igudalla hurt his back in game 6, and bogut hurt his knee and couldn't play late in the series. But then u could say the Warriors won because of injuries in 2015 when love and Kyrie were hurt. So it's just part of all sports, but poorly written rules are not. To me, that's the difference

you know paul's penalty only net cost him one stroke, right? and that his own misunderstanding of the rule almost gained/cheated him 1 stroke had it not been caught, right?

if ricky wins, by any amount, there will be no asterisk on his dominating performance.

I've never liked the injury excuse. Paul and Ricky are both hurt, so that's one thing. But to me, injuries are a part of sports. Did the Warriors lose this year's Finals because of injuries? Curry had a bum ankle/knee, Andre igudalla hurt his back in game 6, and bogut hurt his knee and couldn't play late in the series. But then u could say the Warriors won because of injuries in 2015 when love and Kyrie were hurt. So it's just part of all sports, but poorly written rules are not. To me, that's the difference

The thing is, if the rules were unclear, then Paul would have played provisionally or sought clarification when he was playing the hole. He didn't do that. He played the hole without hesitation or question. That indicates to me that no matter how the rules were written, he didn't read them in the first place. And ultimately, that's on him.

803.03 Misplay
A. It is the responsibility of the player to play the course correctly. Before play begins, players shall attend the players' meeting and learn about any special conditions that may exist on the course, including extra holes, alternate teeing areas, alternate hole placements, out-of-bounds areas, mandatories, and drop zones.​

It comes down to the bolded, plain and simple. No one to blame but Paul for the misplay. No asterisk needed.

There would be an asterisk because the procedure was poorly written. And no official or player on the card caught it(proving it wasn't written well because the other players didn't know either). He likely could've not told anybody and not ever been caught. Or what if he didn't see whoever played it differently the next day? Paul never would've known. So that's why I think there would be an asterisk. And yes, I'm rooting for Paul

Rick is going to beat Paul by more than 2 I feel so no need for an asterisk. Unless Paul wants to put an asterisk down due to unmarked discs!

I seriously cant wait for the edited footage of the Womens Final 9....Im just following the live scoring so I am on the edge of my seat. Come on, Val!

Still an island hole left to play...

With a 4-throw cushion, Val can play safe and conservative while Paige and Cat have to be aggressive and go for it. While there's potential for a big swing in scores, Val is definitely in prime position to get through it without giving away the lead.

Great show of sportsmanship by Paige, congratulating Val after the island hole. Val Jenkins, 4x champ!

Val has always been my favorite FPO player. Congrats Val!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

When will she get a signature disc? All other Innova champs have at least 1. Starfire?

I was about to say the same thing. 4 World Championships deserves a full-time, on the shelf sig disc.

Lots of choices, too: TL,Starfire, Classic Aviar..apparently the Star Tern...

I like the idea of a classic aviar or TL signature disc for her. Just give her both, she did win 4 titles. Krover had a line of Valkyries and still has the JK Aviar, which is a MUCH bigger deal than a signature disc. Great job Val!!!

Latest posts