• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2018 Memorial Championship

I do love the hypocrisy inherent within your post, given that you are arguing for people to support coverage on Patreon rather than expecting it for the cost of the Innova, Black Ink Discs, Bearded Bros Bars, Cali Connections, PacWest Disc Golf, and a variety of other commercials and ads which were paid to help provide the coverage and only actually have value if people watch the videos (as I said in the Las Vegas thread, anyone viewing the videos increases the value of these spots, which increases the amount the channel can charge, which generates more revenue. Just look at the mess the NFL is in currently), or rather that they should be ignored or discounted since they are not contributing extra money, and yet you are on the forum for free, rather than having purchased any sort of tiered membership which helps keep this forum and course database running in addition to the one banner ad at the top of each page (not that I have a problem with the banner ad, just for consistency of the argument's sake).

It's on youtube not national television. You know the money these guys are getting isn't astronomical, and the idea of patreon is if we all pitch in a little we get better things. Your comparisons are crazy. A forum board is not the same as well produced video coverage.

Nikko´s front9 and Eagle´s back9 . . wow

Slow start by Eagle, but STRONG finish.

But to many two´s , is this course "to easy"?

Yes, that first hole most be very scary for a lefty. . but Nissinsen and Melton got a two on that hole

Crazy to see a lefty (Nissinen) at such a good spot what with all the righty hyzer holes :O

On most holes, the lefty hyzer play is there as well, it is just more dangerous, even though it's fading away from the water. I say that as a lefty.

And Teemu has a pretty good forehand so it shouldn't bother him too much.

It will be interesting to see him at Vista, which could advantage him a bit, if I can remember the coverage correctly.

Shoutout to my buddy Alan Wagner for hitting an Ace on hole 14 yesterday! Looks like Nate Perkins aced hole 6 as well.

Rough start

That was a rough start to the event. The best laid plans...

After finding out that the 25 min buffer was gone due to backups...

Walking up to hole 1, we hook up our wireless mic to our camera and just got continued crazy feedback and couldn't figure it out. So we had to run back to the car and get our backup cam. After we hooked up the camera and got to our spot we were getting some echo on the broadcast because I made a change the night before to some audio things in order to have 2 different recordings. 1 with commentary and 1 without, and that caused an unseen issue. So once I nailed THAT down, things got much better, other than the backups.

Last night we fixed the primary cam. We spent an hour getting our recordings and audio in place and updating the switching software to avoid all that garbage.

TBH, I think we are going to see backups until the Saturday cut. Lots of players & 8 min tee times. 10 & 15 are going to be tough today, as always.

What may seem as a rough start yesterday, would've have been considered a smashing success only a year or 2 ago. I enjoyed the coverage yesterday and look forward to today's. Thanks JVD and crew!

He skipped Las Vegas and Memorial because his game isn't quite up to speed.

I think he was playing in a local tournament this weekend.

I would expect a big rebound for Paul today. He's down on the 4th card, so he won't be filmed. Seems like the last couple years, his biggest rounds are when he's not being filmed and is playing a little more loose. That being said... his 82% inside C1 and 0% from C2 needs to improve greatly for him to win this tourney.

I would expect a big rebound for Paul today. He's down on the 4th card, so he won't be filmed. Seems like the last couple years, his biggest rounds are when he's not being filmed and is playing a little more loose. That being said... his 82% inside C1 and 0% from C2 needs to improve greatly for him to win this tourney.

He needs to find his putting game. It is sub-Paul to say the least. And he will find it difficult to win if he keeps missing putts inside the circle. He needs to get to at last 90% inside circle 1 and probably 15% in C2.

Yea. I made the joke after WTO about how many putts would he throw before LVC...

...if he did throw as many as I said, it wasn't enough...

He needs to find his putting game. It is sub-Paul to say the least. And he will find it difficult to win if he keeps missing putts inside the circle. He needs to get to at last 90% inside circle 1 and probably 15% in C2.

Crazy think without the mishap on 1, he would have been right in the mix tied for 1st. Scary times for his fellow competitors when his putt "clicks" again.

I noticed this about Paul's putting as well, its not bad putting but its not Paul putting. I was kinda shocked to see some of his putts at the LVC

My how far this game has come where two throws out of first 25% of the way into a tournament is not considered "right in the mix" and indicates a need for a "big rebound".

Latest posts