• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2021 PDGA Professional Disc Golf World Championships June 22-26

Am I safe to assume that the B pool players will continue playing the opposite course from the A pool for the first 4 rounds, even if they've climbed up the leaderboard?

Very surprised by Eagle's round today. He played the Fort pretty well in the Skins match. I don't think he has much of a chance after that performance.

Not the biggest Philo fan but he was on fire today. I think he and Nate are both better in a 3 person booth.

Very surprised by Eagle's round today. He played the Fort pretty well in the Skins match. I don't think he has much of a chance after that performance.

3 rounds to go tho. But from the hole he is in, basically the plot is now "can he win a 3 round tournament that goes Mulligans - Fort - Fort by 10 strokes?" Not gunna be easy.

The guys at the top don't make mistakes so Eagle don't have a realistic chance to come back…even Paul has to fight hard to make up for the mistake on 18 in R1

Oh how quickly we forget history. In 2019 Ricky was down 13 strokes to Paul after 3 rounds (and a few less strokes to a few other people), yet gained 12 strokes in the last two rounds to only lose by 1. I'm not saying it'll happen, but I'm not counting Eagle out.

I would assume the pools are reshuffled after the 2nd round for rounds 3/4 and then the cut to 1 pool after the 4th.

Yep, it looks like +3 is the cutoff. Three +3 players went to the A pool and 3 into the B and everyone +2 or better went into A.

Well then....huge congrats to the 2021 Co-Champions Emerson and Calvin. :clap::clap:

i´m not saying that...BUT Emerson and Calvin can make a few bogeys and still be fine....Eagle really cant

3-10 strokes is not that much over 3 rounds. . .but again, they can afford a few misstakes that many in the field just can´t

I felt bad for Adam Hammes and then I didn't. When he walked up to the [truly gross] spit I said out loud "don't slam it in!".

Then I felt bad for myself since I had him in a pool.

Seriously though: I was so impressed with his play at the Masters and Resistance Discs Open. I hope he can put the pedal to the metal the rest of the way here. Would not be surprised to see him there at the end.

No doubt Emerson and Calvin are looking good, and have every reason to feel good about their chances. But...

1) They're only a few strokes up on a slew of the best: Paul, Ricky, Conrad, KJUSA, Sexton.. someone's bound to make a charge. And when they do, the leaders may feel the need to push a bit, and that's when mistakes can happen... or they might respond positively and maintain their lead.

2) Yes, Eagle's dug himself a hole sitting 9 back after 2 rounds with 3 rounds to play. That said, he's got the kind of truly freakish ability to make a huge charge. He just needs to gain a few strokes each of the next few rounds to be there at the end.

The pressure the chase card is able to put on the leaders, along with all the OB at Mulligan's, and any bit of bad luck at The Fort, could create a path for Eagle to let it all hang out with a nothing to lose attitude.

He's got a huge hill to climb, but with 3 rounds left to play, there still a whole helluva lot that can happen.

I jjust want to get past Mulligans . . Wierd OBs.

Feels like Eagle needs to take some chances today. . no super rounds yet, alla the hot scores have been with just one stroke
But i hope Eagle can beat the field by a few strokes today and get close to the top

Eagle will have to shoot the hot round all 3 days to have a chance. There are just too many birdies out there for everyone in the Top 10 to screw up.

Eagles shot on Fort #2 was probably the worst Ive ever seen him throw. Its a shot I probably could make. (Yeah tournament setting, cameras and all but like, in isolation. Whereas 95% of the other shots they do I could never pull off)

Not stoked about Fort. Had a peek on GK Pro but kinda tuned out since I have other stuff on my mind. Love a wooded course/open course combo (although a perfect place has both in one, cough*Maple Hill*cough) but Ive seen fairer woodsy fairways than these. WACO comes into mind. I dont mind killer schule off to the side but the fairways ought to have a clear path. Lots of scraggly old fallen trees at Fort that look cool and are probably fun for casual round, but just dont do it for me on coverage.