• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 DGPT Championship Oct 12-16

I hope Paige comes back "loose" and therefore strong. I don't claim to know how her mind works, but I think at times she tries too hard, and the whole documentary thing probably took some of her focus away from events.

Guess we'll find out next year... :popcorn:
Nice to see some real depth in the FPO field though. Henna and Evaliina are deadly when they don't let their putting take them out of contention.

In a recent interview Pierce effectively said that she lost the drive to win, doesn't care to get it back, and she's happier now.

In a recent interview Pierce effectively said that she lost the drive to win, doesn't care to get it back, and she's happier now.

Saw that presser and while I think there's more than a little truth to it, she's also said (and I'm just paraphrasing here) there two other FPO 5x'ers, and she'd like to get #6 to because that would really distinguish her.

That said, the last few years (i.e. basically since going public about her relationship with Alyssa) she's been quite vocal about her overall happiness and and seems to have brought more balance to her life. Whereas before, I think she was "all about disc golf." At least, that's my take.

While her best years may be behind her, I wouldn't rule out #6 in the next 5 years or so.

No surprises among the four MPO finalists either. Robinson is the closest to a black sheep, but considering how well he played Idlewild, it's not a shocker to see him scoring at Nevin.

No surprises among the four MPO finalists either. Robinson is the closest to a black sheep, but considering how well he played Idlewild, it's not a shocker to see him scoring at Nevin.

The way that guy just steps up and commits to his gap shots without any fussing is awe-inspiring. It's like he's just sitting there chatting quietly with a friend, then abruptly says "hold on, imma go smash this tunnel" and then comes back five seconds later: "you want to try that pizza place after this?"

Rooting for him.

Anyone know if Renny Gold was considered as the replacement?
Has a lot of the heavily wooded holes, several long open ones, and the jaw dropping ravine that would look great on video. Plus the same facilities as the other parks and hosted rounds during the 2018 Worlds.

Yeah, I was wondering the same. While Renny was a touch rough and unkempt when I just played it, I think it has more to offer than Nevin. Nevin was probably my favorite Charlotte course, but Renny has more pro potential, IMO. Better for TV as well. I am sure there is more to the story.

Bold move by Kristin going birdie on #11 from circle's edge ,with that drop off behind the basket, sitting on a three stroke lead, but I guess she was feeling it.

I was going to say she got lucky hitting the cage and dropping straight down, but I honestly think that was a calculated risk.

Bonus: Ohn's fun to watch. I bet she'd be so much fun to play a round with.

100% the best player of the year won. . INSANE year for Kristin.
Lat 64 took a chance to give her a historic Contract and it payed up big time.. .

Will she get a operation in the winter or just rest her arm?

So Kristin just made over $100 000 in just tournaments in 2022. .discgolf has come a long way.
Including her salary from Lat64 and bonuses her 2022 total must have been quite high for a small sport.

I have mixed emotions about that shot of Valerie Mandujano leaning up against that tree after Zoe interviewed Kristin. You could tell she just needed a private moment... even Mason wasn't anywhere near her. Quite a poignant moment, but felt a bit like an invasion of privacy.

A lot of us can sympathize with her, but none of us has missed a putt worth $5K.

Nevermind. I misread Jolt's post.

I have mixed emotions about that shot of Valerie Mandujano leaning up against that tree after Zoe interviewed Kristin. You could tell she just needed a private moment... even Mason wasn't anywhere near her. Quite a poignant moment, but felt a bit like an invasion of privacy.

A lot of us can sympathize with her, but none of us has missed a putt worth $5K.

DGN loves this shot. They look for it every tournament. Cinematically beautiful… I guess. Too bad they're not equally interested in capturing all the great throws on camera. I'm not a fan of bouncing through three cameras, one looking at the ground, for each throw.

DGN loves this shot. They look for it every tournament. Cinematically beautiful… I guess. Too bad they're not equally interested in capturing all the great throws on camera. I'm not a fan of bouncing through three cameras, one looking at the ground, for each throw.

We could do a whole 2 hour episode of DGN's most cringeworthy moments. Excessive closeups. Lingering too long on a player after an error.

Then there is the issue of more commercial time than action time.

30 more minutes....

One round. 35K top payout on the line.

I'm rooting for Wysocki, but have a sneaking feeling that Gannon Buhr's breakout will continue.

Hopefully the battle for the top is better than the FPO match. It was fun watching the fight for 3rd, but Tattar's win never really felt in doubt after 8.

Then there is the issue of more commercial time than action time.
As one of many who only watches the final round for free on you tube, I honestly feel like I have zero right to complain whatsoever.

But if I were a paying DGN subscriber, this would tick me off. I'd want to see more action, less advo.

That said, because of its unique format, the last couple of rounds of the DGPT Championship only feature a few cards. Surely they're capturing all the action those last couple of rounds.

Wonder what that all white disc Paul just threw on hole 7 was. .he showed it before he trew and it looked like him and Jerm talked about it after

It looks like Paul is still having balance and weight shift issues coming into the plant. He's just a bit off, but I haven't often seen him spraying side to side like that. It seems like he's been searching around for a fix the last few tournaments and isn't quite getting it.