• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill (Sep 22 - Sep 25)

Post production indicating the second delay yesterday was a heavy rain delay. Wait.....what? I have played a lot of golf in all kinds of uncomfortable weather. I don't remember a heavy rain delay. I recall players nearly getting washed off a Cass Benton course in 2000 Worlds. No heavy rain delay. Soft and weak, IMO.

Post production indicating the second delay yesterday was a heavy rain delay. Wait.....what? I have played a lot of golf in all kinds of uncomfortable weather. I don't remember a heavy rain delay. I recall players nearly getting washed off a Cass Benton course in 2000 Worlds. No heavy rain delay. Soft and weak, IMO.

I played 2000 Worlds and was on HM Monster when that rain was occurring. I would have been happy to have a rain delay. I see no reason not to delay for horrible but lightning free weather if you have the wherewithal to do so in terms of getting rounds completed, etc.

I, too, have played in some absolutely soggy tournament rounds - rain coming down sideways, completely negating the use of an umbrella. So. yeah, a teeny bit soft.

However, it seems another reason for canceling MPO, in addition to the lightning, had to do with the sun setting too soon to complete all the rounds.

But hey, they make glow discs, right? Problem solved. You're welcome.

I was watching the radar closely yesterday and the second wave of rain had a similar potential for lightning as the first storm front had. The maintenance crew also had their hands full with flash flooding/slow drainage areas that affected the course.

FPO is struggling today many have MUCH worse rounds today, weird weather was horrible in R1
is this course to hard for FPO, not that fun to see players struggle

https://www.pdga.com/rules/competition-manual/107
If, in the opinion of the Tournament Director, lightning, excessive rain or hazardous conditions exist that make it impractical or dangerous to continue play, the tournament shall be suspended.

I don't know if consideration was taken to shorten both FPO and MPO to only play 9 or 13 holes at the first round 1 stoppage (and looking at the remaining forecast for the day). Even if the MPO field didn't complete their partial round before dark they could in the AM ahead of the FPO field starting round 2.
https://www.pdga.com/pdga-documents/tournament-resources/pdga-mid-event-suspension-and-cancellation

Yeah, who cares about lightning?

These kids are soft, now get off my lawn!

I've never understood how there are people who are so into disc golf to post on forums like this one while simultaneously being unwilling to pay 6 to 12 dollars a month to watch disc golf. Obviously, we'd all rather have everything in life for free. But if you are a big enough fan of the sport to spend your time on niche forums, how are you not willing to spend a couple of bucks watching it?

I think the answer for many is that they are on this forum during downtime at work. It certainly seems like posting volume really drops off after 4:30 central time.

I can scan threads and post here during short bits of downtime, but there's no way I'm watching tournament videos during the workday.

There's enough free content on youtube to fill the free time that I'm willing to spend watching dg. I also don't want to commit the time required to watch a live broadcast. For me, post produced is way more bang for the time required and in most cases it isn't behind a paywall.

I think the answer for many is that they are on this forum during downtime at work. It certainly seems like posting volume really drops off after 4:30 central time.

I can scan threads and post here during short bits of downtime, but there's no way I'm watching tournament videos during the workday.

There's enough free content on youtube to fill the free time that I'm willing to spend watching dg. I also don't want to commit the time required to watch a live broadcast. For me, post produced is way more bang for the time required and in most cases it isn't behind a paywall.
I should have asked you to respond for me. Pretty much my thoughts, but worded better. ;)

course is playing much tougher than anticipated for sure. The FPO interviews, they were saying something around -10 for the event to win it. Right now, it looks like if someone manages to get to even they will cruise a victory.

I should have asked you to respond for me. Pretty much my thoughts, but worded better. ;)

I'm not much different than you. I do have DGN, but I don't know that I've ever sat and I watched an entire round from start to finish much less an event.

I have gone back and watched replays where I can fast forward/pause/rewind. Even then, it's usually just playing in the background as I do other tasks.

I know they referred to the weather policy or whatever, so what is it? How far off a lightning causes a delay, and for how long?

Im not saying they ought to be in the eye of a storm but more info would be great

Latest posts