• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill (Sep 22 - Sep 25)

For us in Europe the DGN times works out fine. . Fpo starts when i get home from work so i watch live as i make dinner and eats. . . then MPO start at 20:30 so i can have if on in the background as i do other things

I know they referred to the weather policy or whatever, so what is it? How far off a lightning causes a delay, and for how long?

Im not saying they ought to be in the eye of a storm but more info would be great

TDs need to suspend play immediately upon dangerous conditions while ensuring that ALL players, staff, and
spectators are aware that play has been suspended so they can seek shelter. TDs should utilize tools such as
lightning detectors and online lightning maps to assess both the onset and passing of lightning conditions with
an eye to the speed of the storm.
An approaching fast-moving lightning storm may require that a TD suspend
play before conditions at the course have even begun to deteriorate.
Only after carefully assessing that the danger has passed should a TD consider resuming play. In the case of
lightning, play should not resume until at least 30 minutes after the last strike.

We use a weather app that shows local lightning strikes in addition to visual observation. We do not cut corners on lightning.

Does Paul use the same green putters as he used at Worlds. . i thought he retired the putters after a Worlds win.

Adam Hammes with a monster 136 foot throw in on hole 9.

Does Paul use the same green putters as he used at Worlds. . i thought he retired the putters after a Worlds win.

I think he has a monster stack of those green Lunas. He has said in the past that he retires the pair of putters he uses after EVERY tournament. Albeit it was when he was with Innova that he said that, I would imagine that hasn't changed though.

Meant to quote the bolded part, i.e. 30min after last strike, how far?

I don't know what is recommended, but lightning can travel a long way. 10 to 20 miles is not extraordinary. I believe I've heard of strikes occurring much greater distances, but I'd have to go back and check.

So with a full roster teeing off on Sunday and a playoff happens in FPO then a playoff happens in MPO will it finish in the dark?

Feels like it was a long time since we had this cloce of a battle in FPO. . top 10 all within 10 throws