• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2022 MVP Open at Maple Hill (Sep 22 - Sep 25)

DG ends camera work continues to be cringe worthy in the agony of defeat moments and any close-up

Proper stance? I'm re-posting this question after getting a time stamp. PP on Hole 13 in finals 2:05:36. I don't see a mini marker before or after her throw. She very deliberately established a stance about a foot right of her blue putter. The basket is visible in the direction she threw. The video doesn't show before or after throw so I don't have context. No agenda, just curious. A stance penalty would not change the results.

https://youtu.be/60TdYb2_W-M?t=7538

I think her left foot is behind a mini you can't see.

Proper stance? I'm re-posting this question after getting a time stamp. PP on Hole 13 in finals 2:05:36. I don't see a mini marker before or after her throw. She very deliberately established a stance about a foot right of her blue putter. The basket is visible in the direction she threw. The video doesn't show before or after throw so I don't have context. No agenda, just curious. A stance penalty would not change the results.

https://youtu.be/60TdYb2_W-M?t=7538

Possibly the marker is in front of her left foot, hidden by the tree. After she throws, it looks like she picks up two items -- I assume her blue disc and marker -- from the approximate positions if my first sentence is true.

This is the second brutal finish for Corey in 2 months after his DGLO loss to Heimburg on the first playoff hole.

That cut to Ellis is brutal

Agreed. Though winning doesn't mean as much if losing doesn't matter. I will say this, I am pulling for Corey to win something big, soon. Met him once, really nice guy. Really tough 2nd shot on 18. He probably makes that 98 times out of a 100. At least to the green.

Happy for Simon though--he loves that course!

Possibly the marker is in front of her left foot, hidden by the tree. After she throws, it looks like she picks up two items -- I assume her blue disc and marker -- from the approximate positions if my first sentence is true.

I think her left foot is behind a mini you can't see.

Thanks. I was too focused on right foot when she looked at it & pivoted on it. Seemed odd.

This must be one of the greatest comebacks ever over 3 rounds? . . Simon was at 39th place after R1 !

Could not stay up that late...but if my math is correct all Linus had to do was to par 18 for a play-off. . .

After Ellis threw OB, yes. But after hitting first available and getting a bad kick, the "easy par" was out of the question. And I believe that is why he went for the throw-in on his 4th, risking a triple instead of taking a "sure" double, which had meant T3.

After Ellis threw OB, yes. But after hitting first available and getting a bad kick, the "easy par" was out of the question. And I believe that is why he went for the throw-in on his 4th, risking a triple instead of taking a "sure" double, which had meant T3.

Just saw that hole 18 play out. .Wonder if Linus was trying to outdrive Ellis so he could go last?
Looking back, Linus should just have disced down and gone for a safe par. . but easy to say now.

Just saw that hole 18 play out. .Wonder if Linus was trying to outdrive Ellis so he could go last?
Looking back, Linus should just have disced down and gone for a safe par. . but easy to say now.

I don't think he was going for something crazy, but more likely nerves finally got to him and he just shanked his drive .

crazy to think that both Linus and Cory "only" needed par to force a playoff but both failed to deliver.

Maybe Nate Doss was right in his comments about Simon playing save on 18 and letting the other guys make the mistakes.

You have to throw your best drive of the day on 18, then drop a dime from 200 ish feet (it appears uphill as well, so the distance is misleading) into a very shallow well guarded green. Getting a bird on 18 is extremely difficult. Getting a par is difficult.

If I were in Corey's spot with Linus out of contention, I think I'd of gone with the layup for par effort, but hats off to him for going for it.

I'm not a fan of how they set up the playoff holes. 18 to 1 and back to 18. I would prefer to see it be 3 holes so the tee off order would change if they kept going. I also think that going straight to 18 for the first playoff hole might be a little excessive. Might prefer 1 then 18 if those are the holes. 1 is challenging, but people scramble on it and can make up for a less than great drive. 18 for MPO is placement, placement or hero shot, hero shot.

You have to throw your best drive of the day on 18, then drop a dime from 200 ish feet (it appears uphill as well, so the distance is misleading) into a very shallow well guarded green. Getting a bird on 18 is extremely difficult. Getting a par is difficult.

If I were in Corey's spot with Linus out of contention, I think I'd of gone with the layup for par effort, but hats off to him for going for it.

I'm not a fan of how they set up the playoff holes. 18 to 1 and back to 18. I would prefer to see it be 3 holes so the tee off order would change if they kept going. I also think that going straight to 18 for the first playoff hole might be a little excessive. Might prefer 1 then 18 if those are the holes. 1 is challenging, but people scramble on it and can make up for a less than great drive. 18 for MPO is placement, placement or hero shot, hero shot.

The commentators kind of nailed it with the idea that someone has to win on hole 18. I'm surprised they even benevolently rotate to hole 1 … instead of playing 18 over again until someone birdies.

Once you have your drive out where Corey was I don't see any play other than going for the green in that situation. It was a shot that he will execute more times than not.

Latest posts