• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

2023 MVP Open at Maple Hill

porkturtle

Par Member
So, what is everyone feeling for Maple Hill this weekend? I see Simon pulling out the win and if not, maybe Calvin. If not those two, I think we may have a first-time winner.

Also, hoping the weather turns out ok. Saturday: I dunno - looking rather gloomy.

Interested in seeing the alternate pin locations and how they are utilized throughout (I think only the first 3 holes have "short" pin locations), and seeing how the new design on Hole 9 plays (especially with backups).

from the forecast i just watched for the entire upper northeast, it's looking like a washout for the weekend. 60-70 MPH winds and torrential downpours causing widespread flooding. maybe a 2 day event?

from the forecast i just watched for the entire upper northeast, it's looking like a washout for the weekend. 60-70 MPH winds and torrential downpours causing widespread flooding. maybe a 2 day event?
where are you gettin your weather forecast

Just looked at the wunderground.com long range, and Saturday looks rough, but Sunday looks pretty OK.

Surprised Simon isn't on the featured card being a local and an MVP guy.

Last edited:
Just looked at the wunderground.com long range, and Saturday looks rough, but Sunday looks pretty OK.

Surprised Simon isn't on the featured card being a local and an MVP guy.
If I saw the tee times and groupings correctly, those last three cards in MPO look sweet. I would highly enjoy viewing ANY of those on coverage.

Can't wait to see how hole nine plays on the MPO side. This is my favorite tournament of the year on my favorite course. Hoping the storms on Saturday aren't bad enough to affect the course on Sunday as well.

I think Gannon rights the ship and wins in a playoff against Alden Harris.

elmex

i played the older incarnation of this event the week after hurricane irene hit in 2011

it was called vibram open back then

remember trying to practice it the day after irene

dodge was out assessing the storm damage which was pretty extensive with trees and branches down

he wasn't dressed in communist garb like you would think and acted happy to see me

the hurricane made for a lot of extra work for his crew that week

let's hope hurricane lee doesn't impact it like that in the middle of the tournament

A lot of x-mas trees gone on the right side of hole 1. Takes away some of the randomness for sure.

So, at the get go, the top DGPT points peeps have negative starting strokes, play that for 2 rounds. Cut to top 12 MPO & 8 FPO. R3 everyone starts at E and play 2 more rounds. That about it?

i read it here but not sure i read it right

I think I like this format better than the cards battling it out. Not a fan of playing against players, unless a playoff. Well, I guess down to the wire you might be playing against someone or someones but mainly its still you vs the course

Cat A , whats up with her? how can you go from a top 3 player to bottom of the pack in just a few months. .

So, at the get go, the top DGPT points peeps have negative starting strokes, play that for 2 rounds. Cut to top 12 MPO & 8 FPO. R3 everyone starts at E and play 2 more rounds. That about it?

i read it here but not sure i read it right

I think I like this format better than the cards battling it out. Not a fan of playing against players, unless a playoff. Well, I guess down to the wire you might be playing against someone or someones but mainly its still you vs the course
I think this is a poor decision. FedEx cup is having to rethink this format after another snooze of a championship this year, makes a blowout way too likely.
Plus it's fun getting to watch the lower ranked players battle it out over a couple of rounds, seeing some top players who don't always end up on lead card.

Damn the lost disc rule sucks. Stroke and distance for a random occurrence when there is no stroke and distance penalty anywhere else in the sport.

I don't like the new finals format either. One of the best moments in dg over the past few years was Nathan Queen winning the title- why kill the Cinderella aspect by giving even more advantage to the top guys?