• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

A few days with Nikko...

Some people do consider self directed rages disrespect for others. I know part of the game is concentrating on the task at hand and shutting out everything else. But when you're 4 strokes behind a guy on your card and he blows a putt that might give you a chance to gain one back and he goes into a fit I think that qualifies as disrespect. I don't care if I'm playing a casual round or in a tourney, I think kicking your bag and spitting out a bunch of obscenities whether it's self-directed or not is disrespectful to those you're playing with and quite possibly people on other holes. Once in a while I understand, we all have our days, but get it under control or I don't want to play with you any more.

I feel this man. When someone I am playing with gets down on themselves it is as though they are pushing that energy towards me and everyone else. People need to learn to have a good time, even when the game isnt going your way.

Dont forget Teebirds & Rocs.... the guy definitely has the advantage with the plastic he throws.

i dont think he throws teebirds and rocs...

Spirit
Destroyer
Wraith
Assassin
Buzzz
Blaze
Wizard
Magic

He carries a couple wizards for sure, and i dont know what else he has doubles of. I know he tries to keep his bag small 12-15ish. am i a stalker? maybe.

Last edited:
I feel this man. When someone I am playing with gets down on themselves it is as though they are pushing that energy towards me and everyone else. People need to learn to have a good time, even when the game isnt going your way.

My wife and I are so empathetic it is well...pathetic. If she has a bad day I start getting pissed off and we just feed off each other...it is pretty ugly.

Says the guy that threatens violence to people on the internet.

Don't forget calls anyone who doesn't agree with him a DB.

As for the OP, I saw Nikko nail a long downhill drive in the last round of the USDGCs that gave him the only "putt" on the card and then throw a mini hissy fit when he missed the putt low. I don't hate the dude, but I'd rather play with KC or MJ any day.

Just wanted to bump this thread because Nikko is coming to my local tournament I am helping with :D he should be in tonight and he is staying with the TD...should get a call here soon to go kick it with him!

Bringing an old thread back. I played with Nikko recently. A very casual round checking out a new course with everyone throwing multiple shots. Everyone had a good time and he was very fun to play golf with. I like the guy.

Bringing an old thread back. I played with Nikko recently. A very casual round checking out a new course with everyone throwing multiple shots. Everyone had a good time and he was very fun to play golf with. I like the guy.

I wish I could play a round with him...I could learn a thing or 2 :D

Play on his card sometime. You figure it out pretty quickly.

You do? I guess he gets mad at himself sometimes but unlike some other top guys he keeps his anger directed towards his own shots.

Better than having some of those guys tell you "awesome shot" after you have a good break.

I followed the leader group around on the final day of the A tier in louisville last September. Nikko, Feldberg, Orick, Rief. Nikko trailed Feldberg by I think 7 at the start of the day. Nikko threw a fit when Feldberg called a foot fault on him and no one else saw it to verify it. Feldberg said it would only result in a warning anyway and Nikko screamed at him, "No.... This is a warning to you!!! Don't call me a cheater!!!! I would never cheat at anything!!!!" I thought it was a little dramatic and uncalled for. A little later another pro that was waiting for the lead group to finish a hole told me that Nikko made everyone look bad and that he had an ass whooping coming. I told him that the guy was just young and full of testosterone and was about to make a comparison to John McEnroe or however you spell it. The guy just said that he had an ass whooping coming to him and walked away.

Wow, there I was coming back to the sport of disc golf after over a decade and I'm reconsidering, not because Nikko was acting a little immature, but because of the guy that demonstrated how immature and unevolved he was and that maybe a good portion of the others could be that way. I have since met a lot of others and no longer feel as if disc golfers can be stereotyped.

As far as Nikko's appearance, what's wrong with it? He don't look like Dennis Rodman with sleazy ass tattoos, piercings and green hair. No, looks like any other young man that is involved in a less than traditional sport like athletes of Extreme Sports. It makes the sport look like it is current and exciting. If everyone looked like carbon copies of the golfer on the PDGA logo, it would be exptremely boring and outdated. For disc golf to gather attention, it need be able to capture attention.

I followed the leader group around on the final day of the A tier in louisville last September. Nikko, Feldberg, Orick, Rief. Nikko trailed Feldberg by I think 7 at the start of the day. Nikko threw a fit when Feldberg called a foot fault on him and no one else saw it to verify it. Feldberg said it would only result in a warning anyway and Nikko screamed at him, "No.... This is a warning to you!!! Don't call me a cheater!!!! I would never cheat at anything!!!!" I thought it was a little dramatic and uncalled for. A little later another pro that was waiting for the lead group to finish a hole told me that Nikko made everyone look bad and that he had an ass whooping coming. I told him that the guy was just young and full of testosterone and was about to make a comparison to John McEnroe or however you spell it. The guy just said that he had an ass whooping coming to him and walked away.

Wow, there I was coming back to the sport of disc golf after over a decade and I'm reconsidering, not because Nikko was acting a little immature, but because of the guy that demonstrated how immature and unevolved he was and that maybe a good portion of the others could be that way. I have since met a lot of others and no longer feel as if disc golfers can be stereotyped.

As far as Nikko's appearance, what's wrong with it? He don't look like Dennis Rodman with sleazy ass tattoos, piercings and green hair. No, looks like any other young man that is involved in a less than traditional sport like athletes of Extreme Sports. It makes the sport look like it is current and exciting. If everyone looked like carbon copies of the golfer on the PDGA logo, it would be exptremely boring and outdated. For disc golf to gather attention, it need be able to capture attention.

You seem very intelligent, we should keep you around. This is seriously one of the smarter responses I have seen on this site.

FWIW Dave has had it out for Nikko since at least 2007 when he knocked Borg out of the final 9 of the Minnesota Majestic by birdying the 700ft downhill final hole. Said something along thew lines of, "wow Nikko you really outplayed me this time".

Worlds in 2008 was just as bad since Feldberg felt the need to use his caddy to get into Nikko's head when he was in the lead. IDK just wish Borg would worry about his own lucky ass shots instead of playing stupid mind games with kids (considering Nikko had just turned 18 at the MN event).

Very well said, and this part is the one that's always bothered me the most. I don't think his appearance is at all inappropriate for a disc golf professional, he's the kind of personality that people will watch and follow and his look definitely contributes to that.

FWIW Dave has had it out for Nikko since at least 2007 when he knocked Borg out of the final 9 of the Minnesota Majestic by birdying the 700ft downhill final hole. Said something along thew lines of, "wow Nikko you really outplayed me this time".

Worlds in 2008 was just as bad since Feldberg felt the need to use his caddy to get into Nikko's head when he was in the lead. IDK just wish Borg would worry about his own lucky ass shots instead of playing stupid mind games with kids (considering Nikko had just turned 18 at the MN event).

A big part of the game is psychological and Nikko was 18 and playing with the big boys. In a way, the way Nikko blows up and causes a scene, makes the air rather tense and is a form of psychological strategy. No one should take it easy on him in any aspect of the game.

Nikko threw a fit when Feldberg called a foot fault on him and no one else saw it to verify it. Feldberg said it would only result in a warning anyway and Nikko screamed at him, "No.... This is a warning to you!!! Don't call me a cheater!!!! I would never cheat at anything!!!!" I thought it was a little dramatic and uncalled for.
thats really professional... :\:thmbdown:

As far as Nikko's appearance, what's wrong with it?
he looks ridiculous with that stupid afro. thats whats wrong with it. :gross::doh:;)