• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Always ink your discs?

i started to not ink my discs until they've made the 'cut' into my bag, now that i've started trading, i'm trying to only ink the ones i carry with me everyday, most of mine that sit at home are uninked.. luckily i haven't lost an uninked one yet... but i have lost a few inked and never heard back...

I do something similar to this. I don't put my number on it, just a symbol that is unique to only myself. I don't ink a disc until I know it's going to stay in my bag or backup bag. Kind of as an, "Alright, I'll keep you"

I just scribble my initials on my plates. I used to put my name, phone number, pdga number, etc... on them all but I think in fifteen years I have received one phone call for a lost disc(it was found in a different state at a course I had never played!) and I told them to keep it. I actually have gotten more back with only my initials on them.

I actually don't plan on getting them back if I lose them, it's a big reason why I removed a lot of the old, never to be made again discs from my bag. If I lose it and can't buy another one in the parking lot or from the internet to replace it, I won't throw it anymore. This has relieved a lot of stress I once incurred when losing a disc. If I could have back all the original CE plastic I have lost I would be a rich man.

i put my name and # including area code on all of mine. i usually only lose em in water. i've gotten a few of em back but it's usually when someone is fishing em out of the pond and i happen to be walkin by when they're pulled out so IDK if they were gonna call or not. makes me feel better about it just incase kinda thing

Quick related question...when you ink you disc for identification purposes in tournaments, is there a specific place you are suppose to mark it (i.e. bottom, top, rim) or does it not matter as long as it is marked somewhere?

I pretty much cover the rim or back of my discs with my name and info and a smiley face.

I figure if you find my disc and don't send it back to me then A) you get to feel like a dick every time you look at the smiley face my GF drew for my or B) good luck scribbling my info out.

:)

\/\/

Quick related question...when you ink you disc for identification purposes in tournaments, is there a specific place you are suppose to mark it (i.e. bottom, top, rim) or does it not matter as long as it is marked somewhere?

like most rules in the rulebook, you can interpret what is said to fit lots of situations..i believe any marking anywhere on the disc is sufficient

I don't mark my disc. I know if I throw a disc in water, a tree, weeds, or wherever, I have to find it and may have to work to get it. Part of the game. If I leave the course without it, whoever finds it has a new disc. I have lost 2 discs in water and spent time wading trying to find them without any luck. I finally just bought replacements. Even if I had my name on those 2 discs and got a call, I would thank them for calling but tell them to keep them. They worked for them.

I put a "born on date" on my discs. It's nice to look back through them and see when I bought them. It also provides some info on plastic durability.

I don't put a number. If someone finds my disc, I hope they enjoy it. I wouldn't want to bother them with setting up an exchange. I'm the one who gave up on it.

How many of you always sign your discs with your name and number? We should all do this right? Especially if we want our discs back when they accidentally get lost. I have never done this to any of my discs. Generally I lose few discs and when I do from a bad throw or whatever, I figure it is my fault that I threw it wrong. Perhaps it creates more pressure on me to throw a good shot and that if I don't I just may lose my disc. At that point, whomever finds it, can keep it. Is it so wrong of me not to do this? I don't expect to get my discs returned if found be someone else. And yes I believe in Karma and try to return discs to others when I find theirs. What do you think?

I always ink my discs, though I don't always get them back. On the other hand, I would never get any discs back if I never inked them. It's 60 seconds of writing that can save you $10-15 of plastic. Hard to beat that, isn't it?

I ink all my discs, it takes all of 5 seconds per disc, and it's brought back about $50 of discs to me over the last few years. I can't see any real downside to it, the sharpie and a few seconds of my time are pretty cheap.

I just decided to put my name on number on the inside rim of all of my discs. Less than 1 week later, my dumbass forgets my nice champion leopard. I got a call 30 minutes after getting home :)

Whoever returned my disc to me at 7-11 by Veteran's 2 days ago, THANKS AGAIN!!! +KARMA!!! :clap::D

i dont, if its lost, it was meant to be lost. hence the reason i cant remember ever losing a disc. well, i should say havent personally lost one of my discs, i was teaching my girlfriend how to play [ she actually has an arm! i taught her how to flex a valkyrie in a 1/2 hour!] and she gripp locked the hell out of a champ valkyrie into no mans land :(

Latest posts