• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

America's best Disc Golf Holes

From what I've played....

#10 ("The Rock Hole") at Bracketts Bluff (Davidson, NC.)
#11 ("The Island Hole") at Bracketts Bluff (Davidson, NC.)
#14 ("The Gauntlet") at Hornets Nest (Charlotte, NC.)
#3 at Winthrop Gold (Rock Hill, SC.)
#2 (Gold Layout) at Renaissance Park (Charlotte, NC.)
#4 at North Cabarrus Park (Concord, NC.)

Hole 9 on the Red course at Four Mound (Cape Fear) in Spokane, WA.

Bikinimower,

What is your travel route? Where are you starting and ending?

#4 Blue Ribbon Pines . . . . long straight tunnel between 2 rows of evergreens. I think its over 400 and only baout 10-12' wide. Didnt take imagination or creativity but it surely is a challenge.

#18 Hyland Ski and Snowboard 715' from he top of the ski run to the chairlift. If you can figure out the wind parking this 715' hole is possible, but boy is i fun to watch the disc glide throguht he chairlift and fade back to the hole at the bottom.

From what I've played....

#10 ("The Rock Hole") at Bracketts Bluff (Davidson, NC.)
#11 ("The Island Hole") at Bracketts Bluff (Davidson, NC.)
#14 ("The Gauntlet") at Hornets Nest (Charlotte, NC.)
#3 at Winthrop Gold (Rock Hill, SC.)
#2 (Gold Layout) at Renaissance Park (Charlotte, NC.)
#4 at North Cabarrus Park (Concord, NC.)

Made a mistake!:doh:

The Island Hole at BB is actually #13.:eek:

I disagree I think Hole number 2 is the best hole at my mommas house

Travel route is random, it begins in Columbus Ohio and ends in Seattle Washington. It's 2 weeks long but as for stops the whole theme of the vacation is to make it up as we go so I could end up just about anywhere

I'm mainly looking for unique holes, I'm a big big fan of nature and elevation changes

Average drive High 200's low 300, I've gotten 350 but it's rare. I would probably need a great throw downhill with the wind at my back

As for skill level, I'm better than average but nowhere even close to Pro

It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

Since you answered the African swallow question correctly you may pass...

Have you ever seen my U.S. Course Guide? It might help a little, but the area between OH and WA is one of the sparsest parts of the guide since I haven't been to many of those states to play. THe guide does have a list of Beautiful courses and Favorite holes that might help you.

Here are few courses that came to mind that I'd make sure to play if I was making the trip:

Wish that bremerton course was there when I was there

9fc8fe2c.jpg

Bikini,

If you can make a slight detour and come out and visit North Carolina, here are some of my favorite holes:

• Higher Ground, Fuquay-Varina, hole 3 Original (Black) layout. Across the lake to a peninsula guarded by a creek in back
  • Tar River, Louisburg, hole 18. The Tar River runs all down the left side
  • Luther Britt, Lumberton, hole 17 Long tee. Across the lake to an island green.
  • Ashe County/High Country, Jefferson, hole 18. The 140 elevation drop is the greatest elev. drop in NC
  • Brackett's Bluff, Davidson, hole 10. Starts in the woods, crosses grass, down to a basket high up on a boulder. About a 20 ft drop off one side of the boulder
These holes, and more, are listed in my NC course guide at my Yahoo group DG Course Reviews.

#12 at Bear Creek, #3 at Lake Lewisville, #2 at Bicenntennial, all in Texas, also #9 at Mills park in Tn, #10 at Paul B. Johnson in MS off the top of my head.

In Illinois

Morton, IL - Northwood Park #5

Hamilton, IL - Wildcat Springs #1

Springfield, IL - Lincoln South #3 (soon to be #4)

These all take yer breath away when you walk it for the first time and try to get a 3... try..