• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] Axiom Proxy

Inifinite and Disc Golf Center both have them in stock. I just ordered one with a nice white flight plate and blue rim. Love the color selection on these discs from Axiom.

I snagged a pink/pink 174g from Disc'N Dat. I haven't got to throw it yet but it does feel nice in the hand.

I'm going to stop by my one local shop that carries more than Innova + Buzzzs and spend some paycheck on one or two.

Just got paid, Friday night.

Tempted to pick up a black-cored thrower, just because they look so sweet.

I was tempted by those as well. However, given that I will probably be throwing it on short hyzer-flip-to-anny shots around blind corners, I want a disc I can actually find and my track record with black discs is not too good. :)

I'm going to stop by my one local shop that carries more than Innova + Buzzzs and spend some paycheck on one or two.

Just got paid, Friday night.

So the shop didn't have Proxys (Proxies?). Say he doesn't move enough MVPAxiom to order them, daggum gyro dead zone here in the CLT. :\ gonna order online NOW NOW NOW!

So, after throwing the Proxy for more than 70 feet, the true difference between it, and the Envy, was immediately evident. The Proxy goes where you tell it, plain and simple. It has very little fade at all, and it just straight as an arrow with a clean, flat throw. Give it a little anny, and some height, and it'll ride it all the way to the ground for a nice turnover. Give it hyzer and it has decent HSS to hold the line.

I personally don't really need a disc like the Proxy. (I have my seasoned Ions, fresh Ions, Axis, and Envy for any shots that the Proxy might cover) BUT, it is a great disc for those looking to add a straight stable, versatile putter to their bag. Think of it as an Envy feel, but more of an Anode type flight. If they make this in Electron plastic, people are going to go nuts.

One thing I should add is that the Proxy was shorter than the Envy on almost every throw. I was getting it out to about 210-230, while the Envy was consistently about 10-15 feet longer. I think that may be in part because I feel I can really rip the Envy hard and not have it turn over much, but the Proxy is not as high speed stable. I think I was concentrating more on not turning and burning it.

Last edited:
So, after throwing the Proxy for more than 70 feet, the true difference between it, and the Envy, was immediately evident. The Proxy goes where you tell it, plain and simple. It has very little fade at all, and it just straight as an arrow with a clean, flat throw. Give it a little anny, and some height, and it'll ride it all the way to the ground for a nice turnover. Give it hyzer and it has decent HSS to hold the line.

I personally don't really need a disc like the Proxy. (I have my seasoned Ions, fresh Ions, Axis, and Envy for any shots that the Proxy might cover) BUT, it is a great disc for those looking to add a straight stable, versatile putter to their bag. Think of it as an Envy feel, but more of an Anode type flight. If they make this in Electron plastic, people are going to go nuts.

That's more like what I'm seeing it mine. Agree with everything you wrote here :thmbup::thmbup:

One thing I should add is that the Proxy was shorter than the Envy on almost every throw. I was getting it out to about 210-230, while the Envy was consistently about 10-15 feet longer. I think that may be in part because I feel I can really rip the Envy hard and not have it turn over much, but the Proxy is not as high speed stable. I think I was concentrating more on not turning and burning it.

Mine never thought about turning over at a full rip, and I inadvertently turn over putters all the time. I honestly find it to have Envy HSS and no fade. Just straight all day.

And I know you said you weren't a huge fan of the feel compared to the Envy, but to me it actually feels more sleek than the Envy in the hand. I am really comfortable with it in the circle, too. Gonna give it a run for a bit and see what happens.

Wut? More sleek than the Envy? That proves right there that putters are the most personal discs. (As if there was any doubt)

Snagging a pair tomorrow at glide. Can't wait to throw them after the initial reports. Seems like it'll be a great compliment to the envy and if it feels shallower than the envy it may be my new circle putter. Thanks for the initial reviews guys!

All of you bastiches that have a proxy can kiss my behind. Lmao..... Seriously jealous right now. I swore to myself that I wasn't gonna catch the gyro sickness, but alas I have. These disc are just so darn purty though. And consistently made. And relatively easy to find. Yup, gyro sickness I have. And I am ok with that. By the way MikeC, that first proxy you hold up in your video, yeah you know the blue and orange one. That disc looks like poo in your hands. It would look much much better in mine. With my theory and envy of the same color. Ok. End pointless rant. LMAO ROFL.

Latest posts