• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Bad/Homer Course Reviews

Too bad. I had contacted the owner here and he had arranged to have his driver pick me up at the cruise ship terminal but we somehow never connected. I thought it would have been pretty damn cool to play a course in Nicaragua and hopefully not been kidnapped. I kinda doubt if I would have given the course a 5.0.

Funnel fairway to basket OB? No idea what that means. It's very gimmicky, but at least it's interesting I guess.

I'd still play it.
Don't bother. I played it last week while traveling on business. I really wish I'd see this thread or done more research, but both uDisc and a quick check here gave it good ratings. This is literally one of the worst courses I've ever played. I usually don't waste time with a review if I can't say something nice, but this one... Woof, just stay away.

LOL at the zero-star recent review of the Gospel DISCovery

Things got worse when I arrived at the first tee sign and was greeted with scripture! I'm neither pro nor anti religion, but I really prefer to keep my faith personal and not have it pushed on me. So, we're not off to a great start already. Then.....

the course is literally on church property?!?!

I've played quite a few on church property. They're not that uncommon actually.

yea I've played a few as well

To clarify- I was questioning that the reviewer felt upset that religion was being pushed on them when they drove to a church to play disc golf. Its called The Gospel DISCovery for Pete's sake

Last edited:
Yeah, that should be implied if you're playing a course at a church. And especially with that name.

There is a stick golf course near here that has scripture on every hole... Its called The Lord's Valley.

Never played it myself

Coleman Park in Sulphur Springs, TX had godly text on each Discatcher band. It was...interesting. And big walks around the pond to get to certain portions of the course. I mean, they do know that we can't all walk on water, right?

"Other Thoughts: Overall I think Finca Foresta has a lot of potential to become a very nice course, but it still needs some work as they are still designing it and haven't finished holes 6&7 yet."

What part of that doesn't make it seem like Best of the Best?

#makingratingsmeaningless

Coleman Park in Sulphur Springs, TX had godly text on each Discatcher band. It was...interesting. And big walks around the pond to get to certain portions of the course. I mean, they do know that we can't all walk on water, right?

and if you can't walk on water, you're almost certainly losing plastic on hole 2

that might be one of the worst overall course experiences on a course with a number of really good, interesting holes. i wish i could redesign that place.

and if you can't walk on water, you're almost certainly losing plastic on hole 2

that might be one of the worst overall course experiences on a course with a number of really good, interesting holes. i wish i could redesign that place.

Parked that bitch, tyvm. Probably my only really good shot of the round...LoL.

Ah, directions. They're always a fun read, especially for rural/remote courses. You can get a sense of the person (local vs traveler) by where they list the starting point for directions (obscure, local street vs the interstate) and whether they choose to use street names vs landmarks (turn on Main Street vs turn at the third stop sign) as navigational aids. In the early days of this site (and possibly still today for some remote courses), there were some courses where you could essentially reverse the directions to get to the poster's home.

We now have a leader for the worst local directions for a course. This newly listed course in Iceland.

Local Directions: Course is located just before you get into town.

I'll retract my statement if there is only a single road leading into and out of town. In that situation alone, the directions would be useful.

I'll retract my statement if there is only a single road leading into and out of town. In that situation alone, the directions would be useful.

I clicked on the map location and . . . it looks like there is just one road that loops around Iceland, and this course is on it - just before you get into town. :D

I clicked on the map location and . . . it looks like there is just one road that loops around Iceland, and this course is on it - just before you get into town. :D

And almost everyone would be coming from Reykjavík. If anyone ever did come from the other direction, they would know they are in such a small minority that the directions don't apply to them.

So, yeah, this one gets a pass.

looks like it's behind a hostel that is at the first left turn. targets are listed as "other".

morbid curiosity is setting in. i must know more.

The entire review of Old Airport DGC:

"Pros: Lost a red/orange 2007 ace race Discraft Impact. Please DM this account if found. Sentimental value, cash reward."

i bet it gets pulled faster than a 1/2 disc maple hill review.

kind of funny that the same person gave it a longer review (and with actual content) on udisc and a 4.0 rating there.

Last edited: