• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best 9 Hole Course in the US

Well, I've played Lamb's Creek and the Brickyard, both are very good. I would give Lambs Creek the nod as it is more of a true 9 hole course. These multiple pin and tee courses aren't quite your true 9 hole course, I mean if you got 18 tees and 18 baskets i'd say its closer to an 18 but that's my two cents.

Linbrook near Pittsburgh has got to be up there. The overall challenge and hole quality makes it special.

Played Linbrook last Jan, and it gets my vote over Mason Sport Park in OH, and Bluemont in VA.

Linbrook has wonderful elevation, nicely wooded, and in typical Pittsburghian: fashion, 3 sets of tees and 3 rotating pin placements. Can't tell you how big a fan I am of rotating pin placements. :)

From what the reviews say, Two Mile Run Extension is a contender. Definitely hitting that, next time I drive out to see my daughter in DC.

From what the reviews say, Two Mile Run Extension is a contender. Definitely hitting that, next time I drive out to see my daughter in DC.

Personally I liked Two mile run better. But it's damn close. Both are fantastic.

Doooo eeeet! And let me know if you would like to throw plastic at trees when you get closer to DC. :D

Personally I liked Two mile run better. But it's damn close. Both are fantastic.

Agreed.

Of the niners I have played, Two Mile Run Extension and Linbrook are 1a and 1b. I also quite enjoyed Samuel S. Lewis State Park in PA, Boerne City Lake Park in TX, and Central Park in IL.

Good 9-hole courses are like good short stories.

Opened up this thread, definitely no expecting to see one of my local courses as the original course in question.

Brickyard is pretty awesome. Definitely one of the best 9ers in the area. I only play it in the early season though because the grass gets super long In the rough areas, and I hate losing discs.

There is a new course (Lafayette DGC in Chippewa falls) that, once more established, will be the best 9er in the area, if it's not already. That course was absolutely incredible.

brickyard was neglected af when i played

i feel like i got cat fished compared to the pics

Wittenburg University in Springfield, OH has a very nice 9 hole course, with quite a variety of holes to challenge a range of skill levels. It plays through campus in a very scenic (many old very well kept buildings) park-like setting, with multiple trees on each hole to force particular lines, with options on each. It even has some elevation on several holes. The only issue is the best times to play are late afternoons/early evenings, weekends, and other times school is not in session. Not really playable when classes are in session.

The 2nd-ranked 9-holer on this site with 10+ reviews is now Nature Park DGC, a Gregg Hosfeld design in Mount Dora FL, and I can definitely vouch for it. Two tees and two baskets on every hole, the shortest layout is great for beginners, the longest legitimately gold-level challenging, with way more elevation than most FL courses, great variety of holes, etc., just an outstanding course overall. I played it to warm up before Green Gauntlet for Am Worlds, and might have enjoyed it even more than Green Gauntlet, which is currently the 2nd-ranked course in all of Florida on this site.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=9757

I don't think I've played any courses mentioned in this thread, except Jokerst. Guess that what happens when I only really look at 18 hole courses on road trips, kind of a shame.

The best one I've played is Butterworth Park near the Quad Cities; it has a few tough elevated/water shots that I still remember years later. The pictures could definitely use some updating unfortunately.

Lake Marshall - The Lambs deserves a mention. Currently 4.25 with 4 reviews. I have not played there (yet) but on video it looks fantastic. Plus two fabulous 18-hole courses on site - The Lions (4.92/13 reviews) and The Lair (4.67/9).

Dangit, I need to get out there.

Lake Marshall - The Lambs (clicky)

Lake Marshall - The Lambs deserves a mention. Currently 4.25 with 4 reviews. I have not played there (yet) but on video it looks fantastic. Plus two fabulous 18-hole courses on site - The Lions (4.92/13 reviews) and The Lair (4.67/9).

Dangit, I need to get out there.

Lake Marshall - The Lambs (clicky)

Lambs is a lot of fun. While the course is shorter hole 4 is an absolute beast that would fit on either of the other 2 courses. Lambs also has an 18 hole par 2 overlay with each hole becoming 2. You do need to get out there.

Lambs is a lot of fun. While the course is shorter hole 4 is an absolute beast that would fit on either of the other 2 courses. Lambs also has an 18 hole par 2 overlay with each hole becoming 2. You do need to get out there.

The Lamb's is a lot of fun, and #4 can earn a spot on any of the 18-holer's I've played. I played the Lamb's after the other two courses over two visits. I was expecting a leisurely round, but after hitting a tree on #1 and looking down #2 and hitting another tree trying to shoot gaps. I thought a "Lamb my A$$".

The Lamb's is a lot of fun, and #4 can earn a spot on any of the 18-holer's I've played. I played the Lamb's after the other two courses over two visits. I was expecting a leisurely round, but after hitting a tree on #1 and looking down #2 and hitting another tree trying to shoot gaps. I thought a "Lamb my A$$".

That Lamb has teeth and a kick or two. :)

I've played that one but cannot for the life of me remember it. Not a single picture rang a bell.