• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Best portable speaker for music during a casual round?

BOOM.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Ears-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker/dp/B00CM0XHNS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1415987072&sr=1-1&keywords=boom

These ROCK, it sounds better than the Bose plus it's made for outdoor use as it's extremely water resistant.

It's compact...but not cheap.
This.

Especially if you want/need rugged. Mine gets dragged through the mud, dirt, wet grass, spilled beer and isn't even phased. When it gets too dirty I just wash it down in the sink! I use it everywhere... The beach, backyard, camping, in the house (I have 2 that can be paired up together to produce stereo sound via the UE Boom app on my phone). Spendy, but worth every penny!

I just bought the Ion Klipster off amazon. Here's why:

- ONLY $15!!!!! price varies by time and color. (most are $20, cheap prices seem to rotate)
-Bluetooth
-Built in durable clip (durable enough for disc golf at least)
-LOUD!!! surprisingly in fact. Can't handle bass at top volume but rock tunes jam crisply. I don't play it loud on the course though, too distracting.
- 10 hours of battery life. went on a 3 day DG trip, played it every round and at night, only had to charge it once. great battery.
- Play/pause, volume controls on the device

Cons
Internal Li-ion battery. But, this thing lasts much longer than my old AA battery speaker, has better sound quality, is way more convenient (no tethering aux cords).

And its $15!!

I got to play around with a proto version of this speaker, and it was killer. http://www.nudeaudio.com/products-super-m/

Every bit as good as the UE, but about half the price.
I've heard the final production run is even a bit better. I'll know that for sure it a cuple weeks. But the proto my friend has is killer. Small. Loud. Bombproof. Charges quick and holds a charge for a whole weekend of camping.
Also, he rinsed the sand off it by dunking it in a river. Repeatedly. Without issue.

I cant remember who makes it, but I was surfing ebay a awhile back for a new disc bag. They had a bag that had built in speakers with a mini usb port.

Get a Kohler Moxie showerhead. The speaker is magnetic and pops out, and fits great in a bag pocket...and of course, it's waterproof. Pretty solid sound, as well...and you'll then have a bluetooth speaker in your shower.

ghetto-blaster.jpg

My (experienced) recommendation is the Jabra Soulmate. It has 2 medium sized tweeters in the front and a smaller tweeter. And a bass response port in the rear. It has the best battery life, and a cord for plugging aux in. Also has a rubber sole so it doesn't vibrate off of a table or counter top, al'a jawbone or beats pill.

If you want good sound fidelity you won't be disappointed with the full rich sound it produces. I've owned many, and recommend this one.

http://www.jabra.com/products/speakers/jabra_solemate/jabra_solemate_black

I was interested in an all weather and durable Philips one I saw at the apple store. Looked real nice but I think $200+

I use a JBL Flip 2 sounds AMAZING, and loud, battery lasts 2 rounds at 3/4 volume (4-5 hours). Shaped like a cylinder, and fits just about anywhere in my bag.

I got it through my phone provider, T Mobile, only $6 a month. No interest.

Last edited: